Barnes Arico takes on Michigan and Big 10 | The Boneyard

Barnes Arico takes on Michigan and Big 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"I think that's one of the most exciting things about this league -- as good as the Big Ten is, and it's tremendous, you have an opportunity to win it," Barnes Arico said. "I don't think you could say it [in the Big East], and if you do say that in our league, it's a freakish thing.

"You have UConn and Notre Dame, and Louisville is going to be tremendous, and Rutgers has the best players, so I think to be in a league where any given night you have a great shot at winning a game -- but you've also got a great shot at winning the championship -- that's one of the real exciting things about this league."

LINK

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tactfully saying that the Big 10 is no Big East. :)

Rutgers has the best players?? Their coach must be grossly underachieving. :D

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Not touching that one!!!

Incidently, they were just commenting on the RU board about KBA's move and someone posted that she lives in northern NJ, Bergen County. Not saying this negates the cost of living discussions in an earlier thread, but I would suggest upscale suburbs is probably where she lives.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Well at least her commute will be much better!

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I think she meant that UConn, ND, Louisville, and Rutgers has or gets the best players perhaps?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMHO Kim will have an easier job recruiting players to Michigan then it was to St Johns.

Reaction Score
Kim has the right attitude and will change the culture at Michigan.......

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
seriously...NJ to Queens? Ugh.
Seriously, it's hard to imagine a worse commute. And doing it for 10 years is beyond comprehension.

Reaction Score
This looks like a good hire for Michigan. The Big 10 (plus 2) has a pretty solid group of teams; Purdue, Ohio St, MSU, Penn St are the top four teams, and Michigan is in that secend wave of decent teams in the Big 10. KBA might be able to push Michigan into that top section and bump MSU or Purdue out of the top spots. I can't wait until October when teams get to practice.

Reaction Score
Seriously, it's hard to imagine a worse commute. And doing it for 10 years is beyond comprehension.
Especially for a mom with young children. Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom