Banks | The Boneyard

Banks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thought BB had some positive minutes today. Would be a great boost if she could improve in the way that Stokes has over the last few weeks.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Yes, she had a good game. It would be great if the regular rotation expanded to 8, since Kelly, Bria, Tiff and Kaleena have been logging a lot of hard minutes. Caroline too, considering her knees need more rest than normal.

Reaction Score
I can't be the only one that has noticed that in consecutive years freshman posts have developed at a rate much much faster than what is to be expected at that position. We see you Marisa Moseley!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I love BBanks, but this has been what has frustrated me the most about her over this season, at least on the defensive end. Here's Geno from the GTown postgame comments:

"Usually Briana Banks is a poster girl for what a defensive player should look like. She’s out there in her stance. She’s got her arms out, her knees bent, she’s ready and she’s got the game face on and she’s got you… then when the guy dribbles, they go right by her. "

She has such great quickness, but she often seems content to let the dribbler go by and sort of 'follow' them or ride them as they go into the lane. It must be that with her vertical and her quick hands, she was able to block peoples' shots in HS when they penetrated, or she would otherwise disrupt them with her hands, because there have been many players this year who are not all that quick that have gone by her. Even our lower-tier opponents.

We need Mr. Spock to do a Vulcan mind-meld between Tiff and BBanks and transer Tiff's desire to get in front of people to BBanks :D

She has all the physical tools, she just needs to get a fire lit under her! She's making progress and I'm hoping she can sort of turn the corner at the end of the season and in the BE tournament. She had a pretty good game yesterday, and as Geno said with his usual dry wit "Even she was playing though tonight."

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Mike it strikes me that when she is in the position that Geno describes she is not relaxed, meaning tension free. Tension robs quickness and could lead to what Geno observed. There is a difference between being poised to pounce and being tight with tension.

Reaction Score
I really like BB and she will develop into a very good player. I compare her to a Ashley Battle but quicker

Reaction Score
Yes, she had a good game. It would be great if the regular rotation expanded to 8, since Kelly, Bria, Tiff and Kaleena have been logging a lot of hard minutes. Caroline too, considering her knees need more rest than normal.
Surprisingly her defense needs to get better. I thought she would be a shutdown defender but she is not. Geno is right opponents can easily dribble right by her. She has much to learn. Maybe next year she will be better.

Reaction Score
I believe that B.B. has great potential. Presently she seems to play one step too fast on offense & a one step too slow on defense. Perhaps she should reverse the two. Concentration on the immediate & not get ahead of herself. Sometimes I feel that she plays with abandon. At times, she seems out of control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom