Banks leaving | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Banks leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Brianna Banks is leaving UCONN.....not surprised
Check the other thread. It has 49 posts and almost 3000 views. It is titled "Banks Leaving."

Reaction Score
Will miss brianna who was one of my favorites as a sophomore when she was putting it all together when that #@$%#@ ACL happened. After that she was never able to get back to that point again. It stinks that its her senior year and couldn't finish out with her teammates but it was clear to me both banks and chong were going to struggle to get playing time with the guards coming in this season. I think the 2 will be nurse this year along with mo, stewie, kiah and kml. Tuck will come off the bench with whichever other guards aren't starting. This team is loaded for next year and will be insanely loaded the year after that. [mod edit]

Last edited by a moderator:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm so sad to see her leave. I loved her heart and how hard she worked in coming back from her injury. I wish her nothing but the best in the next chapter of her basketball life.

Reaction Score
Sad to see Banks go! Wishing her much health and success on the next team she plays on.

Reaction Score
This is a shock considering that she would have probably had some playing time with Hartley gone. I wish her the best and hope she get the desired fresh start at a school close to home.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I wish I could remember the specific game but there was a stretch (pre-injury) when Brianna and Mo were on the court at the same time and absolutely dominated the action from the defensive side. So much so I almost felt sorry for the opponent. I remember thinking at the time that this duo was an incredible weapon to shake up a game and disrupt an opponent. I'll add my wishes that Brianna gets everything she wants from this decision... best of luck to her, she'll be missed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Now that sucks. I was happy for KLS but now this makes me sad...
Well, she went through a lot with her injuries but one of the things she will take away are two national championships and that isn't too shabby, is it! Good luck, Bria!

Reaction Score
I think Geno will release her from her scholarship commitment and if I'm not mistaken she can then play next year! As long as it isn't in the AAC! And she'll go closer to her GA home! Anyone know for sure?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think Geno will release her from her scholarship commitment and if I'm not mistaken she can then play next year! As long as it isn't in the AAC! And she'll go closer to her GA home! Anyone know for sure?

She'll still have to sit out a year.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Geno will not even hesitate if he thinks it is best for her. He'll make sure she has a chance to maximize her goals and to find what will do that.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
She needs to sit anyway under NCAA rules unless she goes to a Div 2 or 3 school.

Reaction Score
Weird decision, isn't it? I mean, if you're going to be a senior, why not finish up?

Best of luck to her, though. She scored the last points of the 2013-14 season, so you can never take that from her.
That left-handed driving lay-up put us one over the point spread of 20!

Reaction Score
She obviously sat down with Geno and/or other coaches she felt close to to discuss her situation...not an easy one given the complexities of her injuries, the big crop of incoming talent in her senior year. The coaches would have been frank, fair, direct. She decided based on this. It seems like it would have been a very difficult choice. The choice she made seems 'brave' at this point.

(As others have said) it's sad and sorry to see her go. I hope she finds a good home.

She'll have great memories recalling the NCs and will always be a UConn Husky.

Reaction Score
It's too bad to see her go, I'd have loved to see a return to pre-injury form and to have her on Senior Night, but it really does make sense for her. She might well have earned significant PT next year, but there is a huge logjam at her position and she only has one more shot. Good luck!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm so sad to see her leave. I loved her heart and how hard she worked in coming back from her injury. I wish her nothing but the best in the next chapter of her basketball life.
I feel more sadness over Brianna leaving than joy over Lou committing, which is a lot. I hope she finds a good situation for herself. Samarie, Lauren, and Michala all seemed to do well. Brianna will always be a Husky. And she leaves with 2 championships. Best wishes to her!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Very sorry to see Banks transfer out. Tough decision with only 1 year left. I thought with the summer to get healthy and back up to speed, she would do well this fall. Wish her the best of luck wherever she ends up.

Reaction Score
She's been on two NC teams so maybe she wants to be on a team where she gets more of the spotlight in case she wants to be drafted in the WNBA.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sorry to see her leave. She's such an athletic kid and I always felt that she was on the cusp of breaking out. I wish her the very best. She'll always be a Husky to me.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
She's been on two NC teams so maybe she wants to be on a team where she gets more of the spotlight in case she wants to be drafted in the WNBA.
I doubt "spotlight" is the issue. More opportunity for starting and playing time elsewhere, sure. Brianna never seemed to be a kid pursuing a spotlight.

Last edited:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
If she goes to a reasonably good team (e.g., Georgia) and becomes a starter and a 25-minute-per-game player in 2015-16, she will get a chance to show what she can do when she is counted on to produce. If that looks good, then the combination of that and her UConn training might make her an attractive 2nd-round WNBA draft choice.

Certainly a plausible scenario. Staying at UConn and playing 12-15 minutes in the best of circumstances would not allow her to build the same resume.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I would think she just wants to play. She should go to the best academic school she can and get a diploma from there. Her future is not in basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom