'Bama | The Boneyard

'Bama

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Dayton is good, if wildly inconsistent. This is just a wild year. Mid-majors seem to be picking off Top 20 (and Top 5) teams all over the place.

Reaction Score
I agree this is going to be a wild year, and that is surprising given how we were told all summer that it would clearly be UNC, Kentucky, and everyone else. I bet at least one of those 2 does not reach the final 4, probably Kentucky given their PG is unlikely to have improved 150% by then, and that they have questionable in0game coaching... And if UNC doesn't get a cake walk through the Greensboro regional I bet they get picked off as well, as they don't have great guard play or defense and that's what usually matters in the tourney.

I think the year will be crazier than everyone thinks. Right now I see OSU as the best team, and a year more comfortable and confident.

Reaction Score
I agree this is going to be a wild year, and that is surprising given how we were told all summer that it would clearly be UNC, Kentucky, and everyone else. I bet at least one of those 2 does not reach the final 4, probably Kentucky given their PG is unlikely to have improved 150% by then, and that they have questionable in0game coaching... And if UNC doesn't get a cake walk through the Greensboro regional I bet they get picked off as well, as they don't have great guard play or defense and that's what usually matters in the tourney.

I think the year will be crazier than everyone thinks. Right now I see OSU as the best team, and a year more comfortable and confident.

UConn is the best there is, that's all there is to it. They wake up in the morning and piss excellence. They're just a big, hairy, American winning machine.

Reaction Score
There seems to be a lot more upsets this year that I can ever remember. Any thoughts as to why? All in all, I have not been impressed with the field this year. That might change as I get to see more of the top teams play. UK looks very good, but is also very young. UNC has not lived up to it's preseason billing. I'd say the National Championship is up for grabs like it was last season and expect a lot of early round upsets.

Reaction Score
The gap between the haves and have-nots is getting smaller every year.

Regarding 'Bama - they lost to two pretty good teams.

Reaction Score
At Dayton is an incredible tough place to play. They had a let down to Buffalo after there thanksgiving tournament. Murray State isn't a terrible team. Dayton could be a tourney team.

Reaction Score
Define "over-rated" a month into the season? Lacey, Cooper, Randolph and Jacobs are all Freshman. At this stage of the season you can make the arguement they were ranked to high based on the last 2 games. If you look at the totality of the circumstances however and take into consideration the development process of Freshman I love this team in Februrary and March. They should be a legit top 15 team at the end of the year.

Bama does not have a Boatright....

JMHO...Best per the usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member