Bama or Clemson or doesn't matter? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bama or Clemson or doesn't matter?

Reaction Score
We keep judging teams by how they look against non UConn opponents.

They won’t look like this on that stage against us
Obviously, but call me cocky if you want, I don't think there is any chance in hell that Clemson beats us. They're an above average team that doesn't stand out in any way. Bama has a high octane offense that can fill it up from 3 and that presents a big threat.

Reaction Score
We keep judging teams by how they look against non UConn opponents.

They won’t look like this on that stage against us
Agree for the most part with the caveat that the 3 point shot can be the great equalizer. They would have to get awfully hot for awfully long though. I would like to see us shoot it better in final 4 but that may be tough with the football dome backdrop.

Reaction Score
Obviously, but call me cocky if you want, I don't think there is any chance in hell that Clemson beats us. They're an above average team that doesn't stand out in any way. Bama has a high octane offense that can fill it up from 3 and that presents a big threat.
Dude, we just shot 3-17 from 3 and beat the 10th best team (2nd best offense at the time) by 25. It was a laugher. Ain't nothing these two bum teams going to do to us.

Reaction Score
Dude, we just shot 3-17 from 3 and beat the 10th best team (2nd best offense at the time) by 25. It was a laugher. Ain't nothing these two bum teams going to do to us.
I'm not saying we should be scared of Bama, but anyone in this thread that thought Bama would be the easier matchup for us is out of their minds.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying we should be scared of Bama, but anyone in this thread that thought Bama would be the easier matchup for us is out of their minds.
We would do unspeakable things to Clemson.

We are going to destroy Alabama. But they would make it a closer game.

Reaction Score
Would much rather play Clemson. They are the much weaker team. Alabama has been very good for a while. They get their star player back. Plus they travel well.

Reaction Score
Bama is squeaking by Clemson with Sears looking like Brunson lite out there in the second half. We’ll see if he can do that with Steph.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
Doesn't matter.
Alabama just won.
Doesn't matter.

Reaction Score
It's Bama.

In a way, poetic, that we could face Bama and Purdue for the championship, when they were the two teams we thought would stand in our way last year.

Reaction Score
Alabama's A game would be a challenge. Let's see if they can figure out how to manifest it against UConn's elite, relentless defense. Illinois, a great offensive team, only scored 52 points today and trailed by the absurd score of 53-23 with about 12 minutes left in the game, even though most of UConn's starters experienced shooting woes. The way things have been going these last couple tournaments, it's easy to be confident about this matchup.

Reaction Score
Sears was legitimately great this year, and statistically he had a better year than Buie by a good margin.
Not a "but, actually, I was right" because I was absolutely wrong in that comparison.

But EvanMiya has Sears ranked as the 39th most impactful player in the country. That puts him behind our entire starting lineup and Diarra.

Alison Brie What GIF

Reaction Score
Alabama's A game would be a challenge. Let's see if they can figure out how to manifest it against UConn's elite, relentless defense. Illinois, a great offensive team, only scored 52 points today and trailed by the absurd score of 53-23 with about 12 minutes left in the game, even though most of UConn's starters experienced shooting woes. The way things have been going these last couple tournaments, it's easy to be confident about this matchup.
It’s ok to be confident but let’s not act cocky. Show some class guys.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If the basketball teams were playing football, I still like our chances. Did you see that pass from Castle to JStew?

Or Newton to Karaban??

Reaction Score
The coaches are on this and Sears will not be as open as he was last night. They’ve never seen defense like their gonna see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom