Bama Gone | The Boneyard

Bama Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Reminds me of a story, Jimmy Johnson told about when cut a bottom of the roster guy for falling asleep in a team.meeting. Someone asked him, would he cut Troy Aikman if he fell asleep. Johnson answered something to the effect of no, I would in a soft whisper ask him if he needed a blanket and pillow.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I think the NFL shows that we didn't have the type of talent we thought we had.

yeah, FUCRE could find "under the radar" type kids that could compete at our level, but there is a bit gap to the top talent.

No wonder teams like Michigan, WVU and OK made us look slow and untalented.

Reaction Score

yeah, FUCRE could find "under the radar" type kids that could compete at our level, but there is a bit gap to the top talent.

Are you nuts, just making an NFL team means you were better than 99% of the college players. Most Michigan players didn't make NFL teams, very few did. Talk about coming to the wrong conclusion. YIKES!

Reaction Score

The kid made the NFL. This post make no sense.

Reaction Score
Just to punctuate the point. The NFL drafts 250 players. There are 10,200 players on scholarships on the 120 FBS teams. Around 3,000 are starters, if you include special teams. Of course, the NFL also drafts from FCS. Anyone who finds themselves drawing an NFL paycheck was an elite college talent.

So let's not dis #8 for only making the practice squad.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Tell who are the elite UCONN players in the NFL?

Look - being one of the best UCONN d players makes you able to make a practice squad.

What does being a top player from WVU, Michigan or OK do for you?

Reaction Score

Look - being one of the best UCONN d players makes you able to make a practice squad.

Then why will Tyvon Branch make the Pro Bowl and not the practice squad.

Reaction Score

sd - You are WAY out of line.

I believe #8 had the greatest defensive career of any defensive player in UConn's history.

He was drafted and things did not work out. Perhaps he will latch on to another team. Irregardless he was a LEGEND at UConn.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Not to nitpick, but West Virginia is a terrible example.

Steve Slaton is a 3rd string running back, Pat White isn't even in the NFL anymore and I don't think Noel Devine ever even made the NFL.

Reaction Score
michigan and oklahoma have had a bunch of players do nothing in the NFL
michigan-david terrell, drew henson
oklahoma-jason white, josh heupel, teddy lehman
all excellent college players who did either had a short career or didnt make a roster the difference between those programs and us is that hey have a plethroa of talented players that get drafted every year so the success rate is higher, we get maybe 2 drafted a year 4 or 5 at most, those schools get 10 or more drafted a year

Reaction Score

Not sure where you are going with this.

COllege is different then the NFL, you can be a great college football player, and not even get drafted in the NFL. Since you picked some teams, above, how about Noel Devine? Was he a bad college player because he went undrafted? How many Heisman Trophy winners have had less than stellar NFL careers? Should their heisman be taken away? Were they bad college players?

Reaction Score
Archie Griffin won two Heisman trophies. He was a back up in the NFL.

Reaction Score
Archie Griffin won two Heisman trophies. He was a back up in the NFL.

Exactly. Ridiculous to gauge whether a player was an elite college player based on what he does in the NFL.

Reaction Score
Only one way to describe smoking pot and driving "bone head play". Being a man in his 50's I realize its not the end of the world for LW, however it could potentially close a door that was a lifetime dream. I am sure a number of us on this board have overcome greater obstacles in our lives and so will LW.

Lets hope this incident turns into the beginning of a lot of positive things to come on and off the field.

NFL is a for profit organization, he'll get another shot...lets pray he understands the value of a second chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom