Ball Handling/Dribbling | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ball Handling/Dribbling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You either have the gift to excel or you don't.
No way. It's not binary at all. It's a spectrum, but virtually everybody could be excellent at dribbling a basketball.

Sure, only a handful of people can be Olympic level athletes in track and field.

But it's really a bizarre thought that virtually every college level athlete couldn't get better than DD and Giffey if they happened to have started young and put in a lot of time. It's clearly about practice. The thought that DD is simply not a good enough athlete to master dribbling is silly.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
From everything I have heard, Daniels has worked on his ball handling relentlessly. I bet that he would impress in solo ball handling drills. For people like him, it comes down to in game experience and developing a feel, e.g. having the awareness to realize the help D is going to close in and swipe the ball.
I agree and DD has shown improvement over the last 3 years. His issue appears to be one of balance. He has a narrow base and relative high center of gravity and is easily knocked off balance. I expect next year, he will be incrementally stronger and have an incrementally better handle and he will see some time at the three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom