Ball Handler | The Boneyard

Ball Handler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't care if we bring in a 2 star recruit who cant' shoot, rebound, shoot free throws. As long as he can handle the ball and be a decent passer. Someone like TSam who doesn't turnover the ball. If we expect Jalen Adams to come in and basically have the same role as Boat it will just be a repeat of this year. As good as we expect Adams to be he can't be anything close to what Boat was in his freshman year. Purvis, Calhoun, Tsam, and SamJR can't be counted on. In all honesty that should be the coaching staff's main mission.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I hear you on the need for a solid ball handler, but he has to be able to shoot. TSam shows what happens when you can't shoot. Defenses sag and it's like having 4 on offense. I want TSam to take a million shots a day in the off season.

Reaction Score
I hear you on the need for a solid ball handler, but he has to be able to shoot. TSam shows what happens when you can't shoot. Defenses sag and it's like having 4 on offense. I want TSam to take a million shots a day in the off season.
TSam surely did that last summer based on his first year shooting and we see the results. It has to be a mental thing, a psychiatrist?

Reaction Score
By no means is Cassell the answer but at the beginning of the year after watching him play in practice. I thought him and Boat would complement each other well with Cassell being able to slow the offense down and give a calming sense. With Boat obviously pushing the tempo. Maybe if Cassell chose to distribute rather than shoot 27% from the field, we'd have another asset as opposed to another seat warmer.

Reaction Score
Therein lies the problem, we need a guard who can both handle and at least occasionally scare when he shoots. Doesn't have to be Shabazz but needs to look like he can score it even from mid range. If not my question is for how many minutes can you have lineups out there with 2-3 guys who don't scare your opponent? We've done that a little too much for Boats liking this year, not fair to a freshman.

Carter is history but you could see he could at least pull up and scare someone into thinking he can make it. Right now TSam, no and SamJr can't get looks himself so far.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
TSam surely did that last summer based on his first year shooting and we see the results. It has to be a mental thing, a psychiatrist?

Maybe he's just not a good shooter? If I took 5000 shots a day I would still suck at full speed in a D-I game.

Reaction Score
By no means is Cassell the answer but at the beginning of the year after watching him play in practice. I thought him and Boat would complement each other well with Cassell being able to slow the offense down and give a calming sense. With Boat obviously pushing the tempo. Maybe if Cassell chose to distribute rather than shoot 27% from the field, we'd have another asset as opposed to another seat warmer.

To think he's Reggie Miller compared to TSam?

Reaction Score
Cassell could very well be the answer as a second ball handler. In fact he is a good enough ball handler and passer right now. He needs to get a half step faster on D and if he does KO can play him. If not then we better bring somebody in because TSam isn't a good enough PG or basketball player to get major minutes.

Reaction Score
I hear you on the need for a solid ball handler, but he has to be able to shoot. TSam shows what happens when you can't shoot. Defenses sag and it's like having 4 on offense. I want TSam to tmake a million shots a day in the off season.

Fixed for you.

Reaction Score
I know there are a lot of "shoulds" floating around but maybe the staff should check out Elijah Cain. 6'5 Point guard with a few good offers, but I'll admit probably the only reason i know him is because he decommitted from the school i attend currently, Delaware.

Reaction Score
Maybe our guards handle well in the tourney and problem solved.

Reaction Score
Would also help if we could add someone that could rebound one of the 54 misses we have a game too.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I know there are a lot of "shoulds" floating around but maybe the staff should check out Elijah Cain. 6'5 Point guard with a few good offers, but I'll admit probably the only reason i know him is because he decommitted from the school i attend currently, Delaware.

Just committed to DePaul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC