Badass Of The Game | The Boneyard

Badass Of The Game

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Because who else would have the guts to do this? Gotta LOVE Jamelle Elliot!

Jamelle-and-Geno-1-9-21.jpg

Attachments

• Jamelle-and-Geno-1-9-21.jpg
    Jamelle-and-Geno-1-9-21.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 203
Reaction Score
First let me say I don't have a problem with Aubrey getting the BA award. But I do have an open question for all of the BY'ers out there: just what exactly does Paige need to do to be considered a BA? Is she a victim of her own success, i.e. so what, she's supposed to do that every game. Do you realize we haven't seen anything like this since DT

Reaction Score
First let me say I don't have a problem with Aubrey getting the BA award. But I do have an open question for all of the BY'ers out there: just what exactly does Paige need to do to be considered a BA? Is she a victim of her own success, i.e. so what, she's supposed to do that every game. Do you realize we haven't seen anything like this since DT
Totally agree with you about Paige. She is a "Tremendous Talent" and will be one of the all time greats, once she has finished her career at UCONN. She had a very very good game today (and in most game, she would have definitely deserved the BY B-A POG Award. But today, Aubrey's play, coming in off the bench, was truly the BY B-A POG Winner (Not Coach Jamelle, as the original poster, said - By having the original poster, having this as the Lead-In, simply is making a JOKE out of the Boneyard BADASS Player of the Game, and really disrespects the honor. - Sorry, but just my feelings [I feel horrible for AG, and bad for Paige, having her read the award and who it went out to today}

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Apologies (Sort of). That's why I deliberately didn't title it "Badass player OTG" - I just wanted to jump in and have some fun becuase of JJ's rare act of bravery with coach. . Plenty of room for an "official" selection thread ?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The badass of the game has to be Paige for doing this

Geno is getting more irascible. There goes his new years resolution to enjoy the good things more. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Totally agree with you about Paige. She is a "Tremendous Talent" and will be one of the all time greats, once she has finished her career at UCONN. She had a very very good game today (and in most game, she would have definitely deserved the BY B-A POG Award. But today, Aubrey's play, coming in off the bench, was truly the BY B-A POG Winner (Not Coach Jamelle, as the original poster, said - By having the original poster, having this as the Lead-In, simply is making a JOKE out of the Boneyard BADASS Player of the Game, and really disrespects the honor. - Sorry, but just my feelings [I feel horrible for AG, and bad for Paige, having her read the award and who it went out to today}
Give it a break. You've made the same point 4 times in the first 10 posts. And I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about what Aubrey or Paige thinks about the original post. I'm pretty certain that they could care less. Finally, the suggestion that the Boneyard Badass Award is an "honor" that can be "disrespected" is a category error. It is just a lighthearted thing that some Boneyarders engage in after each game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Whomever the badass award goes to, my favorite moment of the game was seeing AG hit a 15 footer. I mean c'mon. Hadn't we all waited long enough?

Her shooting form is not bad. And her FT form is excellent and much better than freshman year. Clearly, she has been working on that aspect of her game. For a kid getting so many ORebs, making your FT's is critical if you want to stay on the floor.

Happy both Sophomores had games they can be proud of.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I agree 100%. Paige has been the best player on the floor for UCONN the entire season. Perhaps there should be an award - "The next most impactful player of the game besides Paige", because frankly, almost any game you don't give POG to Paige is just untrue.

So maybe the "surprise player/contributor of the game"? Paige is hands down #1 and will probably not only be the best UCONN player on the floor every single game, but also probably have the best stats. So...

Player of the game - EASILY Paige Bueckers.

Surprise contributor of the game - Aubrey Griffin

Reaction Score
Paige had another terrific game. But I was most excited by Aubrey today, because it was like watching a big piece of the team puzzle snap into place. She knew what to do, how to do it, and was effective and consistent. So fun to watch too. :)

Reaction Score
I agree 100%. Paige has been the best player on the floor for UCONN the entire season. Perhaps there should be an award - "The next most impactful player of the game besides Paige", because frankly, almost any game you don't give POG to Paige is just untrue.

So maybe the "surprise player/contributor of the game"? Paige is hands down #1 and will probably not only be the best UCONN player on the floor every single game, but also probably have the best stats. So...

Player of the game - EASILY Paige Bueckers.

Surprise contributor of the game - Aubrey Griffin
ONO is our most feared player. That is why she is double or triple teamed most games. If ONO had single coverage, she would drop 30 every night. Meghan Culmo has exhorted several times this year that ONO should have a "field day". Yeah Paige is good, but not as feared by opponents as ONO is, eh?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom