Badass Awards. Robert Morris Game. | The Boneyard

Badass Awards. Robert Morris Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I am unable to watch all of today's game, UConn vs. Robert Morris. I have a VA appointment at 11 A.M. as a follow up to my cataract surgery yesterday. So we'll try something different for today's game when selecting badass awards.

Immediately after the game, we will post a poll seeking Boneyarders' input. Remember the guidelines:

1. No more than three awards.

2. Scoring alone does not determine Badass eligibility. What counts is nasty play to demoralize the opponent.

3. Imagination is encouraged. Over the season, we have recognized Swinn Cash, Geno, CD, Rosemary Ragle, and players who are not normally big stars (i.e., Pulido and Tierney) -- all once each. It is no accident that Gabby has received more Badass Awards than some of her teammates.​

I am counting on all of you. Good luck and GO HUSKIES!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I agree - Lou. Stewie could win it every game, but how about Lou - NFOY per ESPN - showing why. I liked how Doris talked about her early struggles and how Geno had to coach her up this season. I love Tara V, but IMHO there's no other program she could have gone to where she'd have improved as much as she did at UCONN. High school recruits - take notice.

I also thought it was great - the story about Stewie as a freshman (I think) where Geno had her doing the defensive drills where she had to slide back and forth to stop the offensive player. She struggled big time and Geno was relentless because he knew Stewie wanted to be the best, and look how that turned out.

Reaction Score
I am unable to watch all of today's game, UConn vs. Robert Morris. I have a VA appointment at 11 A.M. as a follow up to my cataract surgery yesterday. So we'll try something different for today's game when selecting badass awards.

Immediately after the game, we will post a poll seeking Boneyarders' input. Remember the guidelines:

1. No more than three awards.

2. Scoring alone does not determine Badass eligibility. What counts is nasty play to demoralize the opponent.

3. Imagination is encouraged. Over the season, we have recognized Swinn Cash, Geno, CD, Rosemary Ragle, and players who are not normally big stars (i.e., Pulido and Tierney) -- all once each. It is no accident that Gabby has received more Badass Awards than some of her teammates.​

I am counting on all of you. Good luck and GO HUSKIES!
Kib, As you are one of the "rocks" here on the Boneyard, I hope you're doing well after your surgery. Now get focused for the rest of the run. Be well.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I agree - Lou. Stewie could win it every game, but how about Lou - NFOY per ESPN - showing why. I liked how Doris talked about her early struggles and how Geno had to coach her up this season. I love Tara V, but IMHO there's no other program she could have gone to where she'd have improved as much as she did at UCONN. High school recruits - take notice.

I also thought it was great - the story about Stewie as a freshman (I think) where Geno had her doing the defensive drills where she had to slide back and forth to stop the offensive player. She struggled big time and Geno was relentless because he knew Stewie wanted to be the best, and look how that turned out.
That was not freshman stewart, that was stewart as a junior in February of last year!!!

Reaction Score
I read somewhere where Geno said the other day that Napheesa had her best set of practices in 3 months. He's a huge believer that what you do in practice, you do in the game. If Napheesa keeps this up in the next couple of games, we'll be (realistically) seven deep--and that's a perfect number the way Geno manages the most competitive tournament games.

Reaction Score
I agree that Breanna and KLS deserve their BA awards. It should also be noted that Kia, who played her usual great defense, had a hand in at least 26 of the team's points if you include her six assists, and perhaps more if you factor in her four steals. Her overall production was only matched by Breanna's 18 points and four assists. I think credit should be given where credit is due. Kia struggled at times during the regular season and was clearly frustrated. However, she has played very well in the postseason. I have observed, as I'm sure many of her fans have, that Kia is a very unselfish player who always seeks the open teammate as a first option.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For people focusing on the Big 3, the underclassmen had a nice day. Lou and Kia played as well as the seniors, and Napheesa stuffed the stat sheet. I thought Gabby played well, but didn't get many shot attempts.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
KLS played with efficiency, fire, and intelligence, and what's more, she demonstrated the ability to take a lickin' and continue tickin'. Because of her in large part, Uconn had a 35-point lead with appreciable time left in the first quarter.

If you know what real badassery is about, you will say hell yes about KLS. She's tough, she's resilient, and she's only going to keep fulfilling her destiny. Badass? Hell yes!

Reaction Score
I got to sit behind Lou for the 2nd and 3rd quarters of the second game. I tapped her on the shoulder and asked her how she was feeling after that nasty fall. She smiled & shrugged her shoulders and said she was totally fine. I told her she was doing better than I was ... 'cuz I was pretty sure my heart stopped for a beat or two while she was on the floor. She laughed & wished me well. Nice kid (and yes, a total Badass!!) :)

Hope your surgery went well, Kibitzer! I've done that twice .... totally worth the aggravation ! :)

Reaction Score
I got to sit behind Lou for the 2nd and 3rd quarters of the second game. I tapped her on the shoulder and asked her how she was feeling after that nasty fall. She smiled & shrugged her shoulders and said she was totally fine. I told her she was doing better than I was ... 'cuz I was pretty sure my heart stopped for a beat or two while she was on the floor. She laughed & wished me well. Nice kid (and yes, a total Badass!!) :)

Hope your surgery went well, Kibitzer! I've done that twice .... totally worth the aggravation ! :)
Is this a true story?

Reaction Score
Is this a true story?

Um, yeah :)

Check wiith resident 'yarders DannyK and Philster .... they couldn't hear the conversation, but they'll vouch that the whole team sat in the 2 rows in front of me for the 2 middle quarters. Yeah, I'm still smilin' from that !!!! :D

Reaction Score
Kib, As you are one of the "rocks" here on the Boneyard, I hope you're doing well after your surgery. Now get focused for the rest of the run. Be well.
Speaking of "focused", how's that vision, huh? I had cataract surgery 6-7 years ago and my resulting vision with the IOL's returned to that of a no-glasses 18-year-old. Should have done it years earlier even without the cataracts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom