Badass Award for Tulane Game | The Boneyard

Badass Award for Tulane Game

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Kibs has asked me to hand this out.

Well we should really give the Badass award to Tulane. However, for UCONN it's an easy call. Badass Award goes to Ms Collier. TGFC tonight. 26 points 12 rebounds 3 blocks , 11/12 FT.

Streaks don't care how much you win by, just win baby.

Reaction Score
Only badass for UConn was Phee. Terrible game, we're in trouble!

Reaction Score
I wish KLS had taken more shots. She made 2 threes but unlike the past they never set screens for her. Every shot she took was over a defender.

Reaction Score
Only badass for UConn was Phee. Terrible game, we're in trouble!
Uconn did not play great that's true---Terrible Game?? Come on have you seen a Uconn game in 5 years that got your blood racing and your pressure rising as this game did??? Great game by Tulane. Great save by Uconn--they could have given up and not pulled ahead when they did --albeit by 2 point but you only need one to win---
Like me you all are SpOILED ROTTEN!!

Reaction Score
The award goes to Napheesa. Tonight was horrible. Pheesa never gave up. She didn't get rattled.
It was not horrible--and Pheesa did get rattled .. But no one has mentioned how well KlS did --in scoring---.
Tulane, knowing KLS was in a slump, offered up the 3 point shots and swarmed the boards--and fouled fouled fouled fouled. Great game plan by Tulane. Terrible for Uconn fans to watch--but for great theater this was it.
It was not horrible. It was learning...
So for all of you who are counting the 195 and Zero---remember this game the next time numbers are given out---Tulane??? are you kidding---Tulane took Uconn to the wire??? yes folks it was
an un ranked, not a top AAC team--it was Tulane. Give a shout out to Big Petunia!!!

Reaction Score
Help me out here. Katie Lou is not known for getting three-point shots blocked, but tonight, Kolby Morgan, who, by the way, is 5'8 (giving up 7 inches) did it at least twice. Did Katie Lou suddenly decide to start releasing the ball from knee-height, or what?

Reaction Score
Uconn did not play great that's true---Terrible Game?? Come on have you seen a Uconn game in 5 years that got your blood racing and your pressure rising as this game did??? Great game by Tulane. Great save by Uconn--they could have given up and not pulled ahead when they did --albeit by 2 point but you only need one to win---
Like me you all are SpOILED ROTTEN!!

My opinion has nothing to do with being spoiled (rotten or otherwise). To answer your question, try the first game of the season against Florida State or Maryland for that matter. At least those games were against ranked opponents, not a team with little talent like Tulane. I stand by my original statement, UConn played a terrible game.

Reaction Score
My opinion has nothing to do with being spoiled (rotten or otherwise). To answer your question, try the first game of the season against Florida State or Maryland for that matter. At least those games were against ranked opponents, not a team with little talent like Tulane. I stand by my original statement, UConn played a terrible game.
Tulane had a great game plan and uconn's inability to score 3's allowed that game plan to work effectively, i.e swarming the boards and fouling.
Whether the game was horrible or enjoyable, even for uconn fans, is determined by your expectation--I enjoy a closer game than a blow out.
Katie Lou scored 17, Gabby grabbed 14 rebound, Collier got 26 points---are they not good numbers?
You didn't like the flow of the game??? Blame Tulane's game plan--it worked --bang and disrupt uconn rythm (I learned that from UCmiami)--it worked.
Geno made necessary changes as much as he could--with out a viable bench--this was it. He knew--and you most likely knew--that if the right combination of forces were injected into the game--this is the game you'd have.
horrible is in the eyes of the beholder--i didn't think so..

Reaction Score
Help me out here. Katie Lou is not known for getting three-point shots blocked, but tonight, Kolby Morgan, who, by the way, is 5'8 (giving up 7 inches) did it at least twice. Did Katie Lou suddenly decide to start releasing the ball from knee-height, or what?
Whether illnesses or by Tulane Defense--they were bringing the ball lower than I liked--Katies typical release is high from finger tips---hard to block those--but katie has something off --mentally or illness or injury--she is not 100 percent.

Reaction Score
Frankly, I don't think we played terribly. Tulane played tough. And so did we. They were shooting the lights out. We struggled and didn't get many breaks. We weren't perfect; turned the balk over too many times. We made a couple goofy mistakes (like Lou's foul with 4.6 seconds, followed by the Vorpahl prayer that banged off the board, clanged the rim, circled and dropped). But we played tight D, got to the line about 24 times ( to their, what? 6?), but missed a few too many, and so on.

Even with all that, no bench scoring, and Kia out, we won. It's easy to look great when everything is going your way. Much harder when the stars are not aligned.

Reaction Score
We led from start to finish. I had a lot of, "Are you kidding me?" moments - maybe the emotion was disbelief or disgust. But never any,"We actually might lose this" moments with adrenaline or fear.

Reaction Score
Leslie Vorpahl and Kolby Morgan.
Kolby blew past every Husky out there. Stuffed Lou on a three pointer. Knocked her on her backside. Had a style that completely fooled us. One time she just stood there with the ball, suddenly blew by us and scored. Drop Jaw.
Leslie was hugged and shaken by Geno in the end of game handshake line. In fact, I have never seen Geno congratulated a player so emphatically. Truly a moment.

While we won, the Bad Ass award should be split between these two hard working players that played their hearts out. UConn got incredibly lucky tonight.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Leslie Vorpahl and Kolby Morgan.
Kolby blew past every Husky out there. Stuffed Lou on a three pointer. Knocked her on her backside. Had a style that completely fooled us. One time she just stood there with the ball, suddenly blew by us and scored. Drop Jaw.
Leslie was hugged and shaken by Geno in the end of game handshake line. In fact, I have never seen Geno congratulated a player so emphatically. Truly a moment.

While we won, the Bad Ass award should be split between these two hard working players that played their hearts out. UConn got incredibly lucky tonight.

Exactly right. I can't believe anyone here thinks Tulane is a bad team that doesn't belong on the same court with mighty UConn just because they're unranked. That's crazy, and you don't have a pulse if you thought that game was in the bag for us in the waning moments. We were on the ropes and one more bad mistake would have lost it. They had a shot at the buzzer to send that game to OT. Although we may have still pulled it out in OT, they would have gone in with all the momentum.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Looking for a silver lining here. Geno finally get's the "ass kicking" he's been asking for since early in the season, but without actually losing the game.

Geno will challenge the team and they can either respond or not. The absence of Kia will make it a little bumpy over the next few games, but in the end I'm putting my money on Geno & the team.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Gave Kibitzer a blow by blow account plus he was watching the scroll on ESPN . In his own words " We had them all the Way" He will be back in action for the Wednesday game. Mrs. Kib who is on R&R

Reaction Score

I think you posted elsewhere that the Tulane game will become the model for other teams to use to beat uconn in the coming games.
I thought the same thing. Why not use what has worked for Tulane?? Foul, swarm the boards and rebounders, let the 3's fall short --and in crunch time let the Frosh do the foul shooting--classic Basketball one 0 one. It works if like uW and Plum you have a terrific shooter and bench long enough to accept fouls.
Cry as I may about the game--Tulane had a great plan and executed perfectly--with good shooters..

Reaction Score
Yes, they did, and if some other team -- someone on the level of UW or one of those other Pac-12 teams -- has taller players in the middle and a couple of sharp defenders and at least equally athletic players overall -- it could work.

Reaction Score

Don't you actually watch the game or were you out getting some catnip pussycat?
6gNe9qg.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom