Badass award for the UCLA game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Badass award for the UCLA game

Reaction Score
While Pheesa, Gabby & Crystal were all worthy, I also have to go with Megan. Her three 3’s were daggers to the Bruins heart.

It’s worth noting that on the All-Access show Geno comments on what a great shooter Megan is to another coach during practice. Quite frankly, I was scratching my head about that comment until last night’s game.

Megan Walker, for a Frosh, was amazing. Danger played her best ALL AROUND game, Gabby the quickest hand from the East , defense, rebounding , scoring---Napheesa is again Napheesa the 100 percenter, Kia did all those things to make the job easier for the other and tough defense, Z deserves more credit than she is getting. To single or two out ---seems insulting to some great players who made great plays.\
But certainly for UCLA Canada and the Aussie get my votes. \
What hit me most of Walker--she channeled DT's lack of fear.

Reaction Score
Oh you guys could get us in trouble with that. No telling what will come up if you google "badass". :eek:
That statement alone is worthy of a congressional investigation.

Reaction Score
My Bad ass vote goes to Walker. At the start of the season is was virtually impossible for her to be in the FOY running. I am beginning to think that this may not be the case.

Honorable mention- NaPheesa. She bounced back to play as her usual self exactly when we needed. it.

I'm waiting for a game where Kia is shooting well, Dangerfield is shooting well, Gabby is shooting well, NaPheesa is shooting well, KLS is shooting well, MW and AS are shooting well. We could post 115+pts

Reaction Score
I will give to first: Pheesa, Kia and Crystal all played solid 40 mins.
Second: Megan a true new future super star with 80% FG.

Reaction Score
Dangerfield but what a tough choice to make. You could make a case for Pheesa, Gabby and Walker and Kia wasn't exactly a slouch but I'll bet Geno gets on her case with those late missed free throws. I look at Dangerfield at this juncture compared to Jefferson at a similar stage in their UCONN careers and I think I have to give the edge to Dangerfield. She ran the point great last night and was key to limiting Canada and proving once again that the defense is the differentiator. I hope Z enjoyed her time on the bench as I think beyond the foul trouble I think Geno was riding Walker and sending a message to Z at the same time.

Reaction Score
Emotionally it was hard to see KLS sitting, and there were points in the first half where ---we need Katie LOU! But Megan Walker filled that VOID.
The Emotional B.A. award goes to Katie Lou.
I mentioned in the game thread how "animated" Lou was throughout the game... it eas almost like she was playing. Jumping off bench to cheer baskets, steals, blocks. Etc... all on a bum foot. A true leader and team mate.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
My Bad ass vote goes to Walker. At the start of the season is was virtually impossible for her to be in the FOY running. I am beginning to think that this may not be the case.

Honorable mention- NaPheesa. She bounced back to play as her usual self exactly when we needed. it.

I'm waiting for a game where Kia is shooting well, Dangerfield is shooting well, Gabby is shooting well, NaPheesa is shooting well, KLS is shooting well, MW and AS are shooting well. We could post 115+pts

Wait for the first USF game. Best bet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom