Badass award for the UCLA game | The Boneyard

Badass award for the UCLA game

Reaction Score
Gabby was a beast the whole game. Her energy on the court especially on defense made the difference. She made it impossible for UCLA to run their offense which basically became a game of Canada freewheeling it. Yes Meghan and Collier impressed on offense , but defense won the game.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Tough call - Walker was really, really good tonight. Gabby was Gabulous if a bit overzealous here and there. How many rebounds did she rip down in traffic? She never ceases to amaze. And her D was everywhere.

I think I'd have to give it to Collier. She was money when we needed her early and sort of opened the floodgates with her dribble drives once our small-ball offense broke the game open.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
My award goes to Napheesa, Crystal and Megan. Napheesa's confidence was shaken, after tonight, I believe it is safe to say....she's back :).
Honorable Mention goes to the one and only Gabby. Gabby is amazing. If the WNBA sleep on her, they will be missing out on a dynamite player. She is simply the best, better than all the rest.

Reaction Score
My badass goes to Lou, because, even though she didn't play a second of the game, the production crew seemed intent on showing her sitting on the bench even while play was going on. Now, that is one badass! (and one terrible production crew).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was sitting 3 rows up on the baseline. I can tell you that rebounding tonight was not for the faint of heart. Gabby, Azura, and Napheesa were strong on the boards.

This was the Napheesa we remember from last year. What an offensive game!

Meg was clutch. She excelled at what is normally the weakest part of her game. She's going to be very, very good.

Here's the key statement of the game: Crystal Dangerfield outshot and outscored Jordin Canada. The Dangerous One needs to be on the Lieberman Watch List.

Reaction Score
Megan's three straight threes is what sealed the game in my opinion. At that point I believe UCLA had closed to within 6 or 7 after being down 11 after 1, and had the momentum with Gabby on the bench.
Totally agree 100%. Before that the game was up for grabs. Megan came in, and “BAM BAM BAM!” - over. Awesome - no hesitation. Her 4th college game. Top 5 opponent. Game in doubt. Gimme the ball - BOOM! Total badass.

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Gabby was a beast the whole game. Her energy on the court especially on defense made the difference. She made it impossible for UCLA to run their offense which basically became a game of Canada freewheeling it. Yes Meghan and Collier impressed on offense , but defense won the game.

Defense is always our ace card. Very rarely, as in 2-3 times in 2-3 years is our defense not dominant enough to carry us to victory. D wins, O says by how much.

Reaction Score
As there appears to be no rule that prohibits a non-player from getting a Bad Ass Award, I strongly recommend Katie Lou for tonight's award. May none of us ever know the disappointment she must feel going West, seeing her friends and family, but not being able to play! To me, Lou gets the award because of the spirit with which she has handled the situation. Smiles, cheers and rooting for her teammates from the bench. Very, very classy.

PS: The above, in no way, is meant to diminish the performance of those who did play. WOW!!!

Siestakeyfan

Sailing at Block Island Race Week
Reaction Score
Tough call - Walker was really, really good tonight. Gabby was Gabulous if a bit overzealous here and there. How many rebounds did she rip down in traffic? She never ceases to amaze. And her D was everywhere.

I think I'd have to give it to Collier. She was money when we needed her early and sort of opened the floodgates with her dribble drives once our small-ball offense broke the game open.

This was a REALLY EXCELLENT game. We like UCLA !!! UCLA worked HARD !

Siestakeyfan

Reaction Score
My award goes to Napheesa, Crystal and Megan. Napheesa's confidence was shaken, after tonight, I believe it is safe to say....she's back :).
Honorable Mention goes to the one and only Gabby. Gabby is amazing. If the WNBA sleep on her, they will be missing out on a dynamite player. She is simply the best, better than all the rest.
Gabby is ONE-OF-A- KIND ! REALLY FUN to watch !!!!!!!!!

Siestakeyfan

Reaction Score
As there appears to be no rule that prohibits a non-player from getting a Bad Ass Award, I strongly recommend Katie Lou for tonight's award. May none of us ever know the disappointment she must feel going West, seeing her friends and family, but not being able to play! To me, Lou gets the award because of the spirit with which she has handled the situation. Smiles, cheers and rooting for her teammates from the bench. Very, very classy.

PS: The above, in no way, is meant to diminish the performance of those who did play. WOW!!!
QUALITY Post !!!

Reaction Score
Goes to Napheesa Collier and Megan Walker both successfully killed the noise tonight one about shooting the other about confidence!
You are definitely correct--but the defense and rebounding and being effective against Billings---GABBY! Gabby is in a different world.
Ms Megan Walker, the Uconn Junior--she played like one-- is a definite KEEPER. Napheesa got her mojo back, look out world.

Reaction Score
I was sitting 3 rows up on the baseline. I can tell you that rebounding tonight was not for the faint of heart. Gabby, Azura, and Napheesa were strong on the boards.

This was the Napheesa we remember from last year. What an offensive game!

Meg was clutch. She excelled at what is normally the weakest part of her game. She's going to be very, very good.

Here's the key statement of the game: Crystal Dangerfield outshot and outscored Jordin Canada. The Dangerous One needs to be on the Lieberman Watch List.

While I'd like to crow after insulting posting exchanges with one poster---Jordin Canada is class--a very very good player.
Danger was exceptional for a NEAR Frosh--her Frosh PT was nearly non-existent--so what you are seeing is a WBB player who had willed herself to play at a very high level--and excels

Reaction Score
My badass goes to Lou, because, even though she didn't play a second of the game, the production crew seemed intent on showing her sitting on the bench even while play was going on. Now, that is one badass! (and one terrible production crew).

Emotionally it was hard to see KLS sitting, and there were points in the first half where ---we need Katie LOU! But Megan Walker filled that VOID.
The Emotional B.A. award goes to Katie Lou.

Reaction Score
Honorable Mention goes to the one and only Gabby. Gabby is amazing. If the WNBA sleep on her, they will be missing out on a dyna
mite player. She is simply the best, better than all the rest.
You left out GABBY and KIA and Azura---If those 3 deserve the award why not these 3 too? Gabby, DEFENSE, REBOUNDS, Scores, --Kia with killer 3's, defense on Canada, getting to the foul line (disrupted the offense of UCLA), Azura -scoring, post defense, and a great decoy.
Who should be left out?
Megan certainly with her daggers deserves the award, Napeesa finally returned to be Precious, Danger head to head with Canada won that match.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While Pheesa, Gabby & Crystal were all worthy, I also have to go with Megan. Her three 3’s were daggers to the Bruins heart.

It’s worth noting that on the All-Access show Geno comments on what a great shooter Megan is to another coach during practice. Quite frankly, I was scratching my head about that comment until last night’s game.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom