Badass Award for LSU Game goes to. . . | The Boneyard

Badass Award for LSU Game goes to. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Lou receives the award today. We might have a repeat of Napheesa; Crystal or Lou against Dayton. Gabby just need to relax, she is too anxious and trying too hard. Kia is a junior, and don't want the responsibility of leading and stepping up.

Reaction Score
Kia is certainly playing like she doesn't want the responsibility of being a leader. She's forcing the game and making too many mistakes. Katie Lou will step up. She did tonight. Took a few hits, grabbed 8 boards and scored 28 points. Way to go LouConn!

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Kia is certainly playing like she doesn't want the responsibility of being a leader.

I don't understand this comment. In each game so far this season it's KIA vocalizing to other players on the floor where to be. In today's game as well as the Baylor game a I've seen her actually push her teammates into position. You can even catch her voice on the court over the announcers and the crowd. On a dead ball she is the one directing the huddle. She is the one constantly communicating to her teammates.

She might be having a poor shooting performance these few games. She might not be in her groove just yet.

But what exactly has she been doing on the court that makes you think she doesn't want the responsibility? If she doesn't want it then why is she constantly leading her teammates and helping them on the floor?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
OK - so I see a lot of folks dissing on a player who just led the team with 8 assists, shot 4-8 and scored 15 points, and again provided hard nosed defense in a foul fest of a game while committing only one foul. Give it a rest. Kia had a really good game, and found her shot finally.

And by the way - she is the work horse on this team, averaging 35 minutes a game. And she has twice the number of assists as Dangerfield while committing the same number of TOs. Kia's 2.3 A/TO is second to Chong's 4.0 but she has double her assists as well.

Back to the OP - great game by Lou! She was getting beaten up inside, but still glad the team with 8 rebounds.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I can't see Kia receiving the award no time soon. Geno is fighting with her to step up and be a leader, and she don't want the responsibility.

Are you talking about the Kia who had 15 points, 8 assists and 2 turnovers against LSU, or is there another Kia? I was not able to see the game, but that is not TOO shabby a line.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Katie Lou Samuelson!:):):):):)

Pheesa, 1; Crystal, 1; Lou, 1. So whose turn is next? :rolleyes:

A couple reminders.
Points scored are only one criterion for a Badass Award. Lou not only dropped seven treys but snared eight rebounds and there she was -- diving on the floor for a loose ball late 3rd qtr with UConn up 20+.

Although so far this season players seem to be taking turns, last year we occasionally honored more than one Badass per game.
Up next: Dayton. GO HUSKIES! :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A couple reminders.
Points scored are only one criterion for a Badass Award. Lou not only dropped seven treys but snared eight rebounds and there she was -- diving on the floor for a loose ball late 3rd qtr with UConn up 20+.

Although so far this season players seem to be taking turns, last year we occasionally honored more than one Badass per game.
Up next: Dayton. GO HUSKIES! :)
Lou had about 160' of baskets. That's BADASS! :D

Reaction Score
OK - so I see a lot of folks dissing on a player who just led the team with 8 assists, shot 4-8 and scored 15 points, and again provided hard nosed defense in a foul fest of a game while committing only one foul. Give it a rest. Kia had a really good game, and found her shot finally.

And by the way - she is the work horse on this team, averaging 35 minutes a game. And she has twice the number of assists as Dangerfield while committing the same number of TOs. Kia's 2.3 A/TO is second to Chong's 4.0 but she has double her assists as well.

Back to the OP - great game by Lou! She was getting beaten up inside, but still glad the team with 8 rebounds.

Ignore the negativity on this board. Kia had a great game today and she's consistently the toughest and hardest worker on the floor. There's a reason she sees the minutes she does. I don't give much credence to this award thing, which usually goes to the player with the most points, nor the small group of Kia naysayers who always seem to make a point of finding fault in her game. Gretzky may have been the greatest hockey player of all time but I wouldn't consider him a "badass" unless you're only considering most points scored, which seems to be the case here. For the record, Kia's shot fell today (4-8); she also had eight assists and would have had more if her teammates hadn't missed some bunnies. Combine that with her 15 points, so she helped account for at least 31 points. Do the math. And yeah, she always moving (Geno doesn't have to remind her) and doesn't stand around waiting for the ball to find her. Nothing against the other players; I love them all. But if a poster is not going to give credit when credit is due, then I won't place much credibility in the negative assertions he or she might make, especially where a young lady who works as hard as Kia is concerned.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Ignore the negativity on this board. Kia had a great game today and she's consistently the toughest and hardest worker on the floor. There's a reason she sees the minutes she does. I don't give much credence to this award thing, which usually goes to the player with the most points, nor the small group of Kia naysayers who always seem to make a point of finding fault in her game. Gretzky may have been the greatest hockey player of all time but I wouldn't consider him a "badass" unless you're only considering most points scored, which seems to be the case here. For the record, Kia's shot fell today (4-8); she also had eight assists and would have had more if her teammates hadn't missed some bunnies. Combine that with her 15 points, so she helped account for at least 31 points. Do the math. And yeah, she always moving (Geno doesn't have to remind her) and doesn't stand around waiting for the ball to find her. Nothing against the other players; I love them all. But if a poster is not going to give credit when credit is due, then I won't place much credibility in the negative assertions he or she might make, especially where a young lady who works as hard as Kia is concerned.
The history for the badass awards which started last year has been that they frequently go to others than the top scorer - it just happens that the first three games, the top scorer has also been doing a lot of other things like leading the team in assists or rebounds or blocks or floor burns. Early days yet and Kib does a nice job with occasional help from the peanut gallery - as for the negativity ... we seem to have more of it this year than in previous years.

Reaction Score
The history for the badass awards which started last year has been that they frequently go to others than the top scorer - it just happens that the first three games, the top scorer has also been doing a lot of other things like leading the team in assists or rebounds or blocks or floor burns. Early days yet and Kib does a nice job with occasional help from the peanut gallery - as for the negativity ... we seem to have more of it this year than in previous years.

I understand. My emotional reaction has more to do with the fact that Kia's contributions to the team beyond points scored seem to be taken for granted by some, perhaps many. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion but I think she, more than most, has been vilified when she appears to have had a bad shooting game, without consideration of the other contributions she makes. As far as the Badass Award goes, Kib certainly has the right to judge how it will be meted out. I just don't understand why some others may choose his thread to knock Kia, and this happened last year as well. Obviously I'm a Kia fan and that isn't going to change. I'm sure there are many others as well. That being said, I enjoy watching this year's team compete and hope everyone plays well every game.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I understand. My emotional reaction has more to do with the fact that Kia's contributions to the team beyond points scored seem to be taken for granted by some, perhaps many. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion but I think she, more than most, has been vilified when she appears to have had a bad shooting game, without consideration of the other contributions she makes. As far as the Badass Award goes, Kib certainly has the right to judge how it will be meted out. I just don't understand why some others may choose his thread to knock Kia, and this happened last year as well. Obviously I'm a Kia fan and that isn't going to change. I'm sure there are many others as well. That being said, I enjoy watching this year's team compete and hope everyone plays well every game.
I agree with everything you write. It is one of the dangers of fan boards that some seem to take pleasure in harsh criticism, a fact that this board has generally been pretty free of. It sometimes feels they can only properly support their favorite player by knocking down another player on the same team. I am a fan of Kia too - she can be frustrating at times, but she is always playing her heart out, and a lot of what she brings on the court is not recorded by stats.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Are you talking about the Kia who had 15 points, 8 assists and 2 turnovers against LSU, or is there another Kia? I was not able to see the game, but that is not TOO shabby a line.
Yes, Kia Nurse. Kia had a good game yesterday, I will give her that. If Lou hadn't stepped up like she did, UConn would have loss. At the start of the season all the players knew they would have to step up, and Kia knew that she would have to play point guard as well as shooting guard. Also, Kia knew Geno was looking to her for leadership, because she have the experience with leading Canada's Olympic team. Geno had a meeting with Kia about her performance and her leadership, and Kia told Geno she didn't want to be the leader. Saniya and Tierney are seniors, but Kia is a junior with the experience.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
It's time for Kia to step up, and lead the team. UConn need Kia to start scoring like she did for Canada, in the Pan Am game and Olympics. UConn didn't really need Kia to produce the last 2 years, but they need her to produce and lead the team now. I don't know how we as fans are being negative by stating the facts.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Yes, Kia Nurse. Kia had a good game yesterday, I will give her that. If Lou hadn't stepped up like she did, UConn would have loss. At the start of the season all the players knew they would have to step up, and Kia knew that she would have to play point guard as well as shooting guard. Also, Kia knew Geno was looking to her for leadership, because she have the experience with leading Canada's Olympic team. Geno had a meeting with Kia about her performance and her leadership, and Kia told Geno she didn't want to be the leader. Saniya and Tierney are seniors, but Kia is a junior with the experience.

If a bullfrog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumped.

Now, where's the DISLIKE button?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS