Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
former player accused of rape... UConn shouldnt be lumped into this! LINK

not sure if its already been discusssedon this board

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Dude was a BeerGate casualty when he was here, if I recall correctly.

Why would the Courant mention his involvement with UConn so prominently? Makes no sense...

Reaction Score
It's one of those things that just makes the story more sensational. Happens to my profession all the time. "FIREMAN accused of harrassing ex-girlfriend's boyfriend". Tell me that's a non-story if the word fireman weren't in there.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the AP all over uconn... noise

Reaction Score
This reminds me of the Ron Paul reaction the other day. Gloria Borger gets the same answer like 10 times then goes "but this is incendiary!" and Ron Paul replies with "because of people like you", takes off the mic and walks out.

Reaction Score
It's a non issue. A brief mention of UConn. His current school takes a worse hit. Looks luke a career student.

Must be working on his PHD III.

Reaction Score
It's done to draw readers to the story. I forget his name, but there was a guy charged with murder last year. He played at UConn in the late 80's, but the article still trumpeted "former UConn football player."

Reaction Score
Someone has to explain this to me. You are upset at UConn being linked to a news story, and, instead of ignoring it and hoping it goes away, your solution is to bring it to the attention of people who might not ever know about it, and lead a discussion that links UConn to the story through every post and response.

My brain must work differently than other people's.

Reaction Score
Agree Biz. Guess he wants to be the town crier. Strange.

Reaction Score
accused and guilty are very different things, unfortunately once you have been accused you have been labled, and that's tough to shed.

Reaction Score
Sounds as if the AP puts in as many facts as they can find and hopes that one of the words causes a computer to tag the article as local interest and then it gets run in more papers. AP trying to boost the bottom line. The Courant looking for filler in the paper.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Someone has to explain this to me. You are upset at UConn being linked to a news story, and, instead of ignoring it and hoping it goes away, your solution is to bring it to the attention of people who might not ever know about it, and lead a discussion that links UConn to the story through every post and response.

My brain must work differently than other people's.
You just don't get it biz, do you? This is iron-clad PROOF of a media CONSPIRACY ZOMG WTF BBQ.

Wake up sheeple!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
So a kid who was kicked off the teamis accused of a crime several years after he played here?

yawn.jpg
> > Y*A*W*N < <

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member