Bad sign if P holds usual teleconference today at 1 p.m. | The Boneyard

Bad sign if P holds usual teleconference today at 1 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's when usual day after game presser is normally held. If trigger not pulled by then the questions that got asked of Warde yesterday in Buffalo need to be asked of Sue/Larry.

Assuming, but not betting the mortgage, that Sue and Warde had a conversation about this after 7 p.m. Saturday. Starting to worry Sue doesn't want to be "the kind of school" that fires a coach mid-season. Like USC.

Reaction Score
T minus 1 hour-plus until scheduled presser. If Warde / Sue let him go through with this today a HUGE fail on THEIR part. At least DELAY the thing while you're figuring out what to say. Or give him the vote of confidence Warde definitely DID NOT give him after the game Saturday. Say freaking someting and quit pretending it's business as usual.

Reaction Score
Good point on the presser, Ruskin. I hope we either hear Warde or silence come 1pm.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to hear the Jaws music playing as we wait to see who comes through the curtain for the presser...daaaah dah daaaah dah.....dah dah dah dah dah

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
That's when usual day after game presser is normally held. If trigger not pulled by then the questions that got asked of Warde yesterday in Buffalo need to be asked of Sue/Larry.

Assuming, but not betting the mortgage, that Sue and Warde had a conversation about this after 7 p.m. Saturday. Starting to worry Sue doesn't want to be "the kind of school" that fires a coach mid-season. Like USC.
Well did he, I can't find it on the web?

Reaction Score
Of course it was held. Jim Fuller tweeting it out now.

The gang that couldn't shoot straight- DeLeone, Pasqualoni, Manuel, McHugh still large and in charge as the football program disintegrates.

Incompetence of the highest order.

Well did he, I can't find it on the web?

Reaction Score
it's underway per tweets of Eaton-Robb of AP and Fuller of Register. Ugh. Double ugh

Patrick Eaton-Robb @peatonrobb
Paul Pasqualoni says understands frustration, has not had a conversation with AD about how long he has to turn it around. #UConn

Jim Fuller @NHRJimFuller
#UConn coach Paul Pasqualoni said he is a very optimistic person so he has same approach as he had day after near upset of Michigan

Reaction Score
it's underway per tweets of Eaton-Robb of AP and Fuller of Register. Ugh. Double ugh

Patrick Eaton-Robb @peatonrobb
Paul Pasqualoni says understands frustration, has not had a conversation with AD about how long he has to turn it around.

I'd be more concerned if he talked to WM this morning...

Reaction Score
Of course it was held. Jim Fuller tweeting it out now.

The gang that couldn't shoot straight- DeLeone, Pasqualoni, Manuel, McHugh still large and in charge as the football program disintegrates.

Incompetence of the highest order.

Time to fire Warde then

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Oh, didn't realize that once the head coach holds his post game 3 media call, that triggers a lifetime contract from which he can never be fired.

Reaction Score

I was thinking the same thing. But i was also thinking, why the delay? Did Warde not have a plan in place for 0-4?

Reaction Score

I would have voted for the conversation haden had with kiffin at the airport this morning. . . .BTW Hoard-ers need to lose the snide tone "USC isn't UConn" Duh, no Shiite. What do they have in common? 85 scholarship football players and a horrendous coach who needs to go.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. But i was also thinking, why the delay? Did Warde not have a plan in place for 0-4?

You and your microwave society thinking ;) ;)

I do think they missed an opportunity if it goes past today to have UConn and USCw mentioned in the same tweets by the college sports world.

Reaction Score
Just unreal. Warde not even there to take questions. Guess he is monitoring the situation while Rome burns

Reaction Score
Unbelievable. Just. Un. . Believable.

Plenty of tix available for USF. Sit wherever you please.

Reaction Score
Its pretty clear that football is not a priority at Uconn. The program is dead and its not coming back anytime that any kid on the current roster will be active. The loser of the Uconn v USF will be, without question, the worst team in BCS. think about that.

all you can do as a fan is not show up for games. or rally/protest outside the athletic department or President's office

Reaction Score
"I understand the nature of this game. I understand the nature of fans and people everybody has their opinion and obviously are free to express their opinion," Pasqualoni said on his post-game conference call Sunday. "Now that doesn't discourage me. I understand it's part of it. I've been in this a long time, a lot of places. It all goes with the territory and it's my job to do the best that we can do here, utilizing the personnel, trying to move the program forward. That's my job and that's what I'm going to do. It doesn't really discourage me."

And besides its paying him 30K a week.

Reactions: TKs
Reaction Score
I would have voted for the conversation haden had with kiffin at the airport this morning. . . .BTW Hoard-ers need to lose the snide tone "USC isn't UConn" Duh, no Shiite. What do they have in common? 85 scholarship football players and a horrendous coach who needs to go.
Not all of them Ruskin...only a certain 3! Duffy called out O this morning and went back and forth with me on Twitter about how P needs to go. Jacobs called for him to go this morning...but the other 3...they keep toeing the company line!

Reaction Score
If football isn't important enough here to fire the coach after a 30 point loss to Buffalo, then how can UConn football be important enough for any p5 conference to add us? It's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom