Bad Mojo? No, Good! | The Boneyard

Bad Mojo? No, Good!

Reaction Score
I quickly emptied the dishwasher, only to break our UConn coffee mug. Oh uh, I thought. Really bad mojo. Then I remembered that at Jewish weddings we break a glass for good luck!
IMG_0905.JPG

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I quickly emptied the dishwasher, only to break our UConn coffee mug. Oh uh, I thought. Really bad mojo. Then I remembered that at Jewish weddings we break a glass for good luck!

Glass, not porcelain. In any case thanks for volunteering to be the scapegoat if the unthinkable happens. :rolleyes::)
At my sister-in-law's wedding her husband decided to demonstrate his martial arts ability when breaking the glass. It did not go well. Everyone was so stunned by his martial arts kick and shout, there were only a few stunned utterances of mazel tov. It was an omen. Their marriage did not last.:oops::eek:

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
View attachment 29213
That mug is for the school of business. There are always losses in business. Get one for the ladies team, and take good care of it! Hand wash your delicates like a good husband. ;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
View attachment 29213
Bags,

You are correct that breaking a glass at the end of a Jewish Wedding is part of a Joyous ritual. However, to make it official you are supposed to proclaim “Mazel Tov” after breaking the glass. So if you have not done that yet, I urge you to do so. That should eliminate the possibility of any bad Mojo.

Reaction Score
View attachment 29213

Actually, I think the glass breaking has to do with the remembrance of the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem. At the happiest moment of one's life (some, like Mickey Rooney, had many), Jews are called upon to remember one of history's greatest tragedies. The broken glass is contained in a napkin, and my wife and I used the fragments to create a decorative mezuzah.
Speaking of Mickey Rooney, the perpetual kid said he always married in the mornings so that if the arrangement didn't work out he wouldn't have wasted a whole day. To each his own. RIP.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That mug is for the school of business. There are always losses in business. Get one for the ladies team, and take good care of it! Hand wash your delicates like a good husband. ;)
Things I did not expect to see on the BY today - a discussion of @bags27 washing his delicates.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Things I did not expect to see on the BY today - a discussion of @bags27 washing his delicates.
We ,at least a few of us, are constantly trying to expand the horizons of our fellow Boneyarders. No more hum drum for you! :p Bags, in particular , never ceases to amaze!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom