Bad Luck for the Knights | The Boneyard

Bad Luck for the Knights

Reaction Score
Houston is a good team. I saw Tulane beat Houston and was sure about 10 times that Houston would take over the game and win, Tulane was too steady and shot to well for that to happen. That UConn beat Tulane at Tulane shows to me that rebounding, not turning ball over and good shot selection by UConn can make them competitive in games. Don't do all of that and get Memphis and Villanova type results.
Houston has several very good shooters (from watching game and pre game) and UConn does not have anyone to compare. CV is just not a good enough shooter as the main sharpshooter and without Larrier who does Adams try and set up for shots.

Reaction Score
I think we can stop with the Gregg Marshall great coach talk. Good coach, heck yeah but he's having a rough go with a nice returning team in the AAC. I believe what you witnessed a lot in the past was a weaker league and dominance. Don't get me wrong they still will contend, but his team is underperforming at this point.

Reaction Score
I think we can stop with the Gregg Marshall great coach talk. Good coach, heck yeah but he's having a rough go with a nice returning team in the AAC. I believe what you witnessed a lot in the past was a weaker league and dominance. Don't get me wrong they still will contend, but his team is underperforming at this point.
I think that's still up for debate. If they lose 4 conference games their regular season record will be worse than previous years but I'd also argue that would have this team much more prepared for the tough games in March than previous teams

Reaction Score
I think that's still up for debate. If they lose 4 conference games their regular season record will be worse than previous years but I'd also argue that would have this team much more prepared for the tough games in March than previous teams

They have had injuries, guys just coming back and stuff too, they will be a player ore than likely and a tough out.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score

So to be clear Wichita St.'s woes are due to coaching?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I feel like Houston always has a veteran-laden team. How is that possible?

Reaction Score

They may be under performing their top 10 expectations but at the end of the day, this is a team with zero top 100 players that is solidly a top 20 team. Every team has hiccups and I am not overly concerned as a WSU fan about 2 losses to SMU and Houston.

Reaction Score
So to be clear Wichita St.'s woes are due to coaching?

Not sure I said that, but he has been mentioned in the same breath as the big names the last few years and reality is he's not. But I think I did say clearly is a real good coach one I would take. My point was the AAC isn't that bad and the league they were in wasn't too good. Even many of their wins have been competitive including UConn.

You can take it any way you want it, pretty I sure I mentioned at the end of the day they are still going to be contending.

Reaction Score
I’ve seen Houston, and we are no Houston.....this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom