Bad game but... | The Boneyard

Bad game but...

Reaction Score
If only they stopped going to Brimah, and if only Facey had hit half his misses...

This would have been a 25+ point win.

Those two changes alone.

Reaction Score
Brimah was one of the best players on the court.

Me am agree with you.

Reaction Score
If we only made half the shots we missed, we'd have more points. Brillant.

What is wrong with you? I didn't say UConn as a whole. Why do people twist whatever is being said?

Facey was 0-6.

Brimah was 1-6 to start the game, and then they stopped going to him (thank god).

Reaction Score
If we played/coached better we would have scored more points and our opponent would have scored less points. We would have won by a larger margin.

Reaction Score
I actually thought Brimah played pretty well today and have been mostly pleased with his contributions over the second half of the season (mind you I say that while keeping his limitations firmly in mind). If only he could stand his ground without fouling more often we might have a slightly better record. He had a timely block late and even kept it in bounds!!! It was the other guys (Jalen!) that let it go out of bounds.

We sorely need Kentan to start making the 5 and 6 footers he was draining up until the past 3 games. Tomorrow is the night, I've got a feeling.

Reaction Score
I actually thought Brimah played pretty well today and have been mostly pleased with his contributions over the second half of the season (mind you I say that while keeping his limitations firmly in mind). If only he could stand his ground without fouling more often we might have a slightly better record. He had a timely block late and even kept it in bounds!!! It was the other guys (Jalen!) that let it go out of bounds.

We sorely need Kentan to start making the 5 and 6 footers he was draining up until the past 3 games. Tomorrow is the night, I've got a feeling.

He played well on D.

On O? No. He was a disaster on O in the first half, a 10 point swing USF's way from his flailing on O.

Reaction Score
Brimah was 4-9, so if he started 1-6, he ended 3 for 3. He also hit 5 of 6 FTs for 13 points. He also had 7 rebounds and 2 blocks. And you single him out as a problem.

The Brimah hate on the Boneyard is beyond belief. Tonight, without him, we lose.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
What is wrong with you? I didn't say UConn as a whole. Why do people twist whatever is being said?

Facey was 0-6.

Brimah was 1-6 to start the game, and then they stopped going to him (thank god).

Well, it's pretty much irrelevant but we won by 11, so give us an extra 6 from Facey and then you're assuming we get an extra 8 plus points had Brimah not gotten more touches?

It's just a lot of what ifs that came after a horrible performance.

Reaction Score
He played well on D.

On O? No. He was a disaster on O in the first half, a 10 point swing USF's way from his flailing on O.
I mean he's certainly not Kareem, but if he gets position, ya gotta still feed it to him on occasion. Some times it works, some times he flails with the most minor of contact and loses the ball. I wish he would use two hands and try and lay it in Wilt the Stilt style back when they discouraged dunking. Instead he just sort of serves it up there like he's a waiter carrying a tray over his head. That's coupled with the fact that he sort of just leans and TTTTTIIIIIIIMMMMMMBBBBBEEEERRRR's over instead of trying to elevate. But I could go on forever about how his lower body betrays him in nearly all aspects of his game.

Reaction Score
Brimah was 4-9, so if he started 1-6, he ended 3 for 3. He also hit 5 of 6 FTs for 13 points. He also had 7 rebounds and 2 blocks. And you single him out as a problem.

The Brimah hate on the Boneyard is beyond belief. Tonight, without him, we lose.

Aye yaye yaye.

I said they should have stopped going to Brimah. Not that he should have been benched. In fact, I made the comment during the game that when Enoch came in for Brimah, the middle was wide open for USF.

Brimah's 3-3 happened from offensive boards and dunks. Yes, much needed.

Very different than repeatedly going to Brimah on offense.

This all should have been evident in my first post of the thread which didn't say anything about the other aspects of Brimah's game.

Reaction Score
Well, it's pretty much irrelevant but we won by 11, so give us an extra 6 from Facey and then you're assuming we get an extra 8 plus points had Brimah not gotten more touches?

It's just a lot of what ifs that came after a horrible performance.

The misses lead to run outs. Huge swings. +10 from Brimah's first half alone.

Reaction Score
No. I was close to the floor and he did some decent things but my wife who knows zero about basketball said to me " #35 has bad hands, why can't he catch the ball?"

Reaction Score
The misses lead to run outs. Huge swings. +10 from Brimah's first half alone.
Yes, it's Brimah's fault that we didn't get back on defense. Whaaaa?

Reaction Score
Aye yaye yaye.

I said they should have stopped going to Brimah. Not that he should have been benched. In fact, I made the comment during the game that when Enoch came in for Brimah, the middle was wide open for USF.

Brimah's 3-3 happened from offensive boards and dunks. Yes, much needed.

Very different than repeatedly going to Brimah on offense.

This all should have been evident in my first post of the thread which didn't say anything about the other aspects of Brimah's game.

I think this is one thing we can all agree on. Not sure how he cost us ten points on O in the first half, though. That seems like a wild statement.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
What's up with CV at the FT line he had 4 of our 6 misses tonight and at one point was one of our better FT shooters?

Reaction Score
What's up with CV at the FT line he had 4 of our 6 misses tonight and at one point was one of our better FT shooters?

Maybe he should flex for the camera after those missed FT's ? He needs to be told to get back to what he was 2 months ago, a hard working kid not looking for the camera every time he makes a normal play.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I am not into the flexing the muscle thing. I see it is well suited for the big guys. 6'8" and taller. Short drive to the hoop,two defenders on him and slams it down...with and 1. Okay muscle time. However, in Vitals defense, here is a freshman, who would of seen few minutes if not for injuries, given a chance to play, making the best of it. AND he is enjoying it. Give him a pass. Let him go.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

c'mon man, or are you joking?

I can't tell anymore around here, sarcasm and levity and optimism and despair all look the same to me now

My vision has been blurred

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I just checked out the box score, and somehow Brimah wasn't credited with a turnover

How can that be? he was responsible for the most turnovers on the team

did they call his flailing attempts to shoot shots despite him not having the ball to shoot and / or falling to the ground?

I guess they credited every pass he failed to catch, passes 5th graders can catch, as a turnover for his teammate (I kinda buy into this logic, it's their fault they throw him the ball)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom