Bad evening for the Big East | The Boneyard

Bad evening for the Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
St. John's falls to Hofstra - it was noted on the RU board that St. John's has an injured starter, but . . . Hofstra???

DePaul loses on the left coast, to San Diego State.

And the Bonnies take West Virginia - same folks who beat St. John's earlier in the season. Could they be a threat in the A-10??

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Big East is taking more lumps then even the ACC so far this season.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
hopefully the Huskies save-face with a win on Monday

Reaction Score
its early in the season and teams like depaul are very well coached(smiliar to WVU) and while they have talent the teams that rely on coaching usually peak at the end of the season like depaul/wvu always seem to.

Reaction Score
its early in the season and teams like depaul are very well coached(smiliar to WVU) and while they have talent the teams that rely on coaching usually peak at the end of the season like depaul/wvu always seem to.

One would hope that even the poorly coached teams will play better at the end of the season. West Virginia's slide last season must not have had anything to do with coaching.

The problem with late peaking teams losing games during the season to teams from perceived weaker conferences is when they find themselves on the bubble during tournament selection. Suddenly, the losses are viewed as bad losses for the Big East teams, and good wins for St. Bonaventure and Hofstra. There are games that a team, no matter how well coached, just cannot afford to lose.

Reaction Score
I guess The Big East just is not that strong this year. Outside of UCONN, Notre Dame, and maybe Rutgers, the rest of The Big East teams are pretty weak.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Both West Va and DePaul lost a lot of good players from last year's teams, particularly at the all-important guard positions. I thought DePaul's preseason ranking was too high and was based largely on Hampton who is a terrific player. SDSU is coached by Beth Burns and makes noise in the NCAA every few years or so. Could be that SDSU once again has some good players. In looking at the boxscore, poor shooting by both teams but lots of fouls (57 total foul shots). St John's is without Da'Shena Stevens but still should not lose to a team like Hofstra.

Villanova is now 3-0 including wins over Marist and Michigan State. Villanova plays Delaware next Tues night. I hope to be at the game.

Reaction Score
Yeah these losses are starting to pile up. Even though Lou's stomping by TAMU came with starters out, the computer rankings only care about the final score -- this will start to hurt conference strength down the road.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Not BE-related, but Nebraska upset #22 Southern Cal 68-50.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Please give us a courtside view of UDel and 'Nova.

Does anyone know if Lorin's sister [CeCe Dixon] is getting PT with the Bonnies?

Reaction Score
Please give us a courtside view of UDel and 'Nova.

Does anyone know if Lorin's sister [CeCe Dixon] is getting PT with the Bonnies?

Through three games, Ms Dixon is playing 26.3 minutes per game off the bench.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Appreciate that info! Good for her....I saw her play [just one game] for Bergtraum and she sparked the team in the state championship game against Rush-Henrietta of Rochester [with current Miami star Shenise Johnson].
She looked like Lorin....ran like Lorin....shot it better than Lorin. Frankly I was surprised she didn't go to a higher profile school than St. Bonnie's.

I hope she has a great career there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul