Bad Day for Top 10 Teams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bad Day for Top 10 Teams

Reaction Score
The #2,3,4,5,6 and 9 ranked teams all lost today. The upcoming conference tournaments and NCAA tourney should be very interesting. There is no runaway favorite this year, that’s for sure.

Edit: as I’m typing this, #1 Gonzaga is down 15 in the first half as well!
Gonzaga probably won't have to sweat the Stacked Deck...I mean, WCC...tournament, at least until they run into St. Mary's again in the final. A triple bye can be helpful like that.

Reaction Score
While it's rarely good to end up on the #4/5 line and an almost certain date with a #1 seed, this year of all years is probably the best in a while to have to reckon with a #1 seed.

The dropoff between a #1 and #2 seed, even a #3, is probably the lowest it's been in a while.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
It’s not that I root against them but how many times are they “favorites” and then lose to an actual good team.
I still don't take them seriously. They'd be slightly above .500 in the BE/B12/B10

Reaction Score
There is no runaway favorite.
It depends on how you define runaway favorite. Most apply the "eye test" to draw their own conclusions. All I am saying is that Vegas would consider Gonzaga a runaway favorite based on historical perspective taking into consideration the current gap at the top via Kenpom. Elementary point and you probably know this but there is a strong correlation between data driven metrics and how it is determined what a runaway favorite is.

It is just using cumulative comparable data over 20 years to draw the conclusion. The odds are always stacked against any the front runners to win it as the % is low. That doesn't mean they are not the runaway Vegas favorite.

I posted recently that I thought UConn matched up well with Gonzaga and could beat them.

Reaction Score
i had baylor over kansas at +265 and colorado over arizona at +300 last night at mohegan sun -- when i was leaving, st. mary's was up 10 on the zags so i put a piece of my winnings on them, too. wish i had the other three, but not a bad night at the sports book!!

Reaction Score
While it's rarely good to end up on the #4/5 line and an almost certain date with a #1 seed, this year of all years is probably the best in a while to have to reckon with a #1 seed.

The dropoff between a #1 and #2 seed, even a #3, is probably the lowest it's been in a while.
UConn would be around a 11 point dog against Gonzaga in Portland in a 4/5 vs 1 match-up in the regionals. For a regional semi between a 1 vs 4/5 that might be one of the largest spreads ever. The drop off is the largest gap in the KP era.

Reaction Score
UConn would be around a 11 point dog against Gonzaga in Portland in a 4/5 vs 1 match-up in the regionals. For a regional semi between a 1 vs 4/5 that might be one of the largest spreads ever. The drop off is the largest gap in the KP era.
And what about everyone else who isn't Gonzaga?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom