Bad day for Religious schools & PAC | The Boneyard

Bad day for Religious schools & PAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ND, TCU, & BC suffer upset losses.
Baylor wins, but latest news has Big XII falling apart soon and knocking the Bears out of a BCS conference.

Meanwhile, out West ...
- Oregon gets thumped on national TV
- UCLA loses to Houston (again)
- Oregon St loses to I-AA Sacramento St
- Washington escapes against I-AA Eastern Wash
- USC edges Minnesota
- Colorado losing to Hawaii

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
BYU did win. I guess it depends on which religion?

Reaction Score
Against next week's UConn opponent, Vandy, things didn't turn out so well for Elon. 27,599 people witnessed Elon's Phoenix, formerly the Fighting Christians, struck down by the Commodore's attack and left to burn (45-14). Sunday at 4 pm ET, people in some areas may be able to watch highlights of Vandy's win.

Reaction Score
The annual right of passage to another football season is the over-ranking of ND and a fan base that will look to fire their head coach within the next couple of years. They simply do not have the athletes that folks think they have (and Rivals and Scout for that matter).

My simple hope is that BC misses a bowl this season. Then GDF can explain why he signed a 62 year old career assistant to a contract extension. To which the answer will undoubtedly be, "because he is a BC guy". Spaz craps out and I have to believe GDF will be a short timer. Either that, or BC really doesn't care all that much about the performance of their athletic teams as long as the conference payout pays the bills. Could very well be the case.

Reaction Score
My guilty pleasure is going over to Eagle Outsider when BCU is in the pits. I take great joy in their misery and suffering. If you're as sinister as I am regarding BCU it's a great read over there today. One of my favorite lines from one of their posters:

"2-4 win season is a possibility here. We are Duke at this point, without the basketball or elite academics."

Reaction Score
With Texas and OU going to the Pac12, evry day is a good day for them. Wins and losses matter not, but rather, brands...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The Mormons must have prayed harder than the Christians did this week.
Not that it is a big deal but tecnically Mormons are Christian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom