Back to THIS season.... | The Boneyard

Back to THIS season....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... next up: AT Buffalo.... here's hoping ( on my knees praying ) Coach P does away with the 3 QB crap... First 3 games were enough for that experiment... IMO, it's gotta be one QB running the ship primarily, with an occassional inclusion of another QB... I truly hope Nebrich gets the shot at running this team... with McCummings offering a change of pace ( freeze option wrinkle )... Nebrich shows the most command from what I've seen.. I like McEntee, but, guys, we need to solidify the position... And, obviously, we will struggle at the position a bit this year... so give the youngest pup a shot... There's a good argument for McCummings to be the guy, but his passing ability is either too inconsistent or the plays DeLeone calls are just too complex for his ability...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I agree. While the hope was that someone would separate and be "the guy", what's been happening is the opposite... who is NOT the guy. And, well, as much as I hoped that McEntee would bring some accuracy to the table, that just hasn't been the case. I think the best way to move forward heading in to league play is giving Nebrich and McCummings as many reps as possible these next two games... and basing the WVU starter off that.

Reaction Score
Nothing has led me to believe that this coaching staff will admit a mistake and cut the QB rotation out. If anything last game it INCREASED with Nebrich playing a couple of series and McCummings starting the 4th quarter. What a mess.

Reaction Score
i don't see why everyone thought Nebrich looked more poised than McEntee. i thought McEntee looked more poised for the most part. i wouldn't mind seeing the 3QB thing for one more game, but i'd like to see Nebrich get a shot at the start. if he outperforms than he gets it from here out, otherwise let's can this experiment and settle on either McEntee or McCummings.

one thing that's really annoying is all of the fumbled snaps we've been having. i think i remember 4 or 5 last game and obviously continuity at QB would help that.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
A little hard to tell from where I was sitting, but it looked like the botched snaps were more on the center than the QB.... anyone else get better looks?

Reaction Score
Nothing has led me to believe that this coaching staff will admit a mistake and cut the QB rotation out. If anything last game it INCREASED with Nebrich playing a couple of series and McCummings starting the 4th quarter. What a mess.

Definitely is a mess...an embarrassing one....

Reaction Score
i don't see why everyone thought Nebrich looked more poised than McEntee. i thought McEntee looked more poised for the most part. i wouldn't mind seeing the 3QB thing for one more game, but i'd like to see Nebrich get a shot at the start. if he outperforms than he gets it from here out, otherwise let's can this experiment and settle on either McEntee or McCummings.

one thing that's really annoying is all of the fumbled snaps we've been having. i think i remember 4 or 5 last game and obviously continuity at QB would help that.

All those fumbled snaps are not surprising to me, considering you have 3 QBs playing the game... ZERO continuity... This isn't practice... Coach P has to get his s*** together and get one primary dude in there....

Reaction Score
A little hard to tell from where I was sitting, but it looked like the botched snaps were more on the center than the QB.... anyone else get better looks?

There were at least half a dozen snaps were the ball ended up at the QBs knees or ankles that caused my buddy and I to comment. Moe has to do a better job with the shotgun snaps, regardless of which QB is back there.

Reaction Score
Nebrich should start with McCummings as a changup.
Hard for me to believe Coach P and staff really think JMac gives us the best chance to win.

Reaction Score

Ah, about those fumbled snaps. . . annoying absolutely, but any chance that they're caused by the rotating QB and cadences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom