Back to the 20th Century! | The Boneyard

Back to the 20th Century!

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I say 20th century because we have power but no internet/cable. Much to my surprise and delight power came on at 0145 this morning. I saw the first power line crews in our area only yesterday afternoon and given the level of damage to the lines and infrastructure, I was pretty much sure we would be out into and possibly through the weekend. CL&P's official predidtion for us was next Tuesday.

I drove along the route that I think our power comes from this morning and was amazed at the work that was done over the previous 12 hours. Plenty of evidence of the crew's ingenuity on display with some pretty funky-looking wire supports (including ropes). There'll be a lot of follow-up work to do to make permanent fixed out of these improvised ones.

Bottom line is THANK YOU to the CL&P (and other) line crews and tree crews. Great job! I know there has been lots of complaining and I know there are a bunch of folks still out, but I can't blame the line crews for any of that. Where they are assigned to work is not always their call but they are out there and working hard to restore your power.

HOT SHOWER TONIGHT! WOO-HOOOOOOOO!!!!! :)

Ok, Comcast... your turn to step up... :confused:;)

Reaction Score
I feel for you. Life without the internet can be sobering.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Comcast stepped up yesterday and I'm connected again!
Immediately cost me 2 hrs sleep!:confused:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Comcast restored TV and internet service in my area less than 24 hours after power was restored.

I agree that the line crews deserve a lot of praise. Those guys worked their butt off to get power restored. I have not heard a single bad comment about the boots on the ground guys. CL&P management on the other hand deserves to be held accountable for this fiasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom