Back to Basics | The Boneyard

Back to Basics

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well its been pretty ugly at times the past couple of games. This is not what we are used to watching. Its time to get back to fundementals. Start by working on fundementals and working against a zone defense. Man to man we seem to play better. Zones are hurting us. We almost seem lost and dont know what to do All the posts reflect whats wrong. Its not as bad as it looks...really. I would think we need a couple of days off and come back working and executing the fundementals. At times we seem lost. To many times we're looking for someone to step up instead of stepping up ourselves. The problem is we came into this year without an upper classman nucleaus like we have had in the past. A nucleaus that operates like UConn. No All Americans either who step up and take games over. We've had many AA's and although Meg and CD are playing like AA's they arent quite there yet. Inexperience is another problem we are faced with. Kyla and Molly have not had alot of playtime in the past 3 years. We have underclassman without alot of college experience and we are a young team too and Westbrook is on the bench. She wouldve made a huge difference in that she has experience and skills and would be the 5th starter who can put up big numbers. Still we are 15-1. We are stumpleing forward.

At this point we are in a slump? We are finding ways to win. We are gutting it out. Our defense carried us late nite. Thinking to much, deferring to much not cutting etc etc. We need a couple of days off. Maybe go to a movie as a team. Get away from the court for a day or two and come back. When things get to the point where we are now are brains are filled with garbage. Air them out by taking some time off.

Reaction Score
I agree. Let' start. This is a basketball. In order to score 2 points the basketball must go through the hoop. In order to defend the other team you must keep your hands up and out. If you want to be good don't stand in one place. Keep moving around the basket to get in position to score. Now, do we understand each other? This is my rifle, this is my gun, this is for shooting, this is for fun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom