Back in the Gym | The Boneyard

Back in the Gym

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ok. I am confused. I thought no official practices until Oct? Summer session but if so, I thought Paige was not available??? :confused::confused::confused:

Reaction Score
Christyn looks fine.

Thanks! I needed that................or anything else thats a video of our girls practicing. It's been too long since March! Its been about 2 years now since they last played, isn't it?
Family Time Reaction GIF by Lifetime

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Ok. I am confused. I thought no official practices until Oct? Summer session but if so, I thought Paige was not available??? :confused::confused::confused:
Yea if someone knows the exact rules please inform us. I know they are allowed individual and team workouts prior to “official” practice and there is a time limit for all but I’m not sure. I’m confident someone on the board knows specifics.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I believe the NCAA allows for 8 hrs total of required weight training, conditioning or skills training per week once school starts. Of those 8 hrs, only 4 hrs can be devoted to skills training, which is what we see on the video.

Reaction Score
Christyn looks fine.

The all look a little slow. Paige plays like a high school blonde kid I saw on YouTube. Azzi doesn’t look aggressive enough. Evina looks older then the rest and I don’t know what it is but Nika and Dorka look foreign to me. Caroline has the attitude of a Bird. Worrisome. In the immortal words of a great BYer….”we’re doomed”

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
The all look a little slow. Paige plays like a high school blonde kid I saw on YouTube. Azzi doesn’t look aggressive enough. Evina looks older then the rest and I don’t know what it is but Nika and Dorka look foreign to me. Caroline has the attitude of a Bird. Worrisome. In the immortal words of a great BYer….”we’re doomed”
You forgot the sarcasm emoji :rolleyes:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I can't wait to see some of the Prognosticators Predictions, 40, 50, 60+ point wins. This team might end up becoming one of the best ever at UConn.

They have enough talent on it that you could have two starting five's that would make them Top 10 teams. Geno, CD, JJ, and Morgan are very happy to have such a problem of figuring out how to distribute the minutes played.

I don't see anyone in the Big East coming within 20 points of this team this season and I believe that the only teams that actually will give UConn some problems is Louisville and South Carolina.

I can't wait to see their first game, be it an exhibition or regular season. I guess I'll just have to get my fill with practice videos until then.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I can't wait to see some of the Prognosticators Predictions, 40, 50, 60+ point wins. This team might end up becoming one of the best ever at UConn.

They have enough talent on it that you could have two starting five's that would make them Top 10 teams. Geno, CD, JJ, and Morgan are very happy to have such a problem of figuring out how to distribute the minutes played.

I don't see anyone in the Big East coming within 20 points of this team this season and I believe that the only teams that actually will give UConn some problems is Louisville and South Carolina.

I can't wait to see their first game, be it an exhibition or regular season. I guess I'll just have to get my fill with practice videos until then.
Hello friends, I would caution everyone not to be over anxious about the thought that next year’s team will be better than this year’s team.

Next year we gain two (maybe three) highly talented freshmen, and maybe some help from the portal, but we lose two experienced and seasoned veterans in ONO and Williams. Dorka has announced that she intends to play two years with us, which is the best news I’ve heard in the last 60 days.

I think THIS team is the deepest and most talented team Geno has had since the end of the Brianna Stewart era, enjoy it. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have championship expectations for this team.

Serge, I agree with you that any losses THIS team suffers this season won’t come from a Big East opponent.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If anything is wrong, Geno will fix it...For he is the Kwisatz Haderach.
This is from Hebrew. The "derach" is the "way": Derech Hebron=the way to Hebron. Also, it's the "quickest" way to (anywhere). Perfect for the Storrs Paisano.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

In the last few years, UConn has always played 2 exhibition games against Division 2 programs in early November. An exhibition game against Fort Hays State has already been announced. I expect it those games to be “live streamed” by UConn’s audio visual department which has been available to the public.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
In the last few years, UConn has always played 2 exhibition games against Division 2 programs in early November. An exhibition game against Fort Hays State has already been announced. I expect it those games to be “live streamed” by UConn’s audio visual department which has been available to the public.
Correct, but there is no Prognosticators Predictions for exhibition games, so I have to wait until the 11th of November to post the first one. I will state that if UConn can't beat Fort Hays State by 70+ points, even with the multiple subbing, they have a problem.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Yeah I was gonna say it's unofficial because no coaches, but then the video clearly shows Geno and CD like it was any other practice in the middle of the season, so I'm not sure what the point of the 42-day rule is then if they are clearly having practices run and attended by their coaches. My first thought was that maybe it was video from some other time, but Azzi is there, Paige didn't have any kind of visible hardware on her leg/foot/ankle, and Aaliyah was there and not off with the Canadian team, so this video had to be recent because everyone is present and players with medical issues seem to have already recovered enough to play.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Yeah I was gonna say it's unofficial because no coaches, but then the video clearly shows Geno and CD like it was any other practice in the middle of the season, so I'm not sure what the point of the 42-day rule is then if they are clearly having practices run and attended by their coaches. My first thought was that maybe it was video from some other time, but Azzi is there, Paige didn't have any kind of visible hardware on her leg/foot/ankle, and Aaliyah was there and not off with the Canadian team, so this video had to be recent because everyone is present and players with medical issues seem to have already recovered enough to play.
See post #9 in this thread. Much different than preseason practices (w/in 42-days of first regular season game).

Reaction Score
So, when was the last time they had 14 players? And someone explain to me how you play 14 players. And will they have 14 again next year?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom