Back at 'em - Official UCONN vs Eer Prediction Thread | The Boneyard

Back at 'em - Official UCONN vs Eer Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shocker here - well not really, as I would never predict a loss.

27-24 dogs.

Defense redeems itself and accounts for one of the TDs (pretty sure it's a pick six for Sio).

We finally use another RB for 10 carries (might be JJL or Hypolite) for 45 yards. Big games for the receivers whom are all solid.

All good and we now love Coach P.

Reaction Score
Unless WVU gets another case of fumblitis and Geno Smith inexplicably throws the ball away from Wilburn all game I think this one may get ugly. I wish it were otherwise. Just being honest.

F

fortebleedsblue

Though I am hopeful of beating conference teams (Rutgers, Cuse, Ville .. with either USF or Cinci) and ::cough couch:: making a bowl this season .. the reality is that this WVU game isn't going to be close.

WVU gets an early kickoff return further exposing the regression on special teams. Geno Smith has a new carrier high ... passing for over 500 yards against a Defense that HCPP's staff fails to make adequate adjustments to. Johny Mac has a tough night throwing INT's against a secondary that picked Marylands QB 3 times ... from which Deleone starts rotating 3 QB's again. We leave the game more unclear about who our starting QB is than the beginning of the season.

WVU - a lot
Uconn - not so much

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
49 -10

WVU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WMU

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I think our Huskies will get pasted... 48-10 West Virginia...and then we regroup for some winnable games...

Reaction Score
Shocker here - well not really, as I would never predict a loss.

27-24 dogs.

Defense redeems itself and accounts for one of the TDs (pretty sure it's a pick six for Sio).

We finally use another RB for 10 carries (might be JJL or Hypolite) for 45 yards. Big games for the receivers whom are all solid.

All good and we now love Coach P.
you have to sometimes. WVA 55 Uconn 20

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
wvu-45
uconn-24
me-12 pack of broken bottles

Reaction Score
Um, as long as WVU stays in the Big East, I think we need them to have a good year and finish ranked. I am willing to sacrifice the game to them this year. A loss to UConn this week wouldn't be good for the conference. Of course, if the good guys can pull it out, then I will rethink this whole season going forward. Go UConn!

Reaction Score
As a Husky fan: UConn 31, WVU 24

As a college football observer: WVU 38, UConn 17

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
34-16 WVU

UCONN gets a touchdown off an interception, and manages 3 FG's of offense.

Reaction Score
WVU 66, Uconn 21 - the ghost of Rich Rodriguez visits Dana Holgerson after he has a few nightcaps on Friday night. Seriously, not a reflection of my preference @ QB, but here's hoping that Johnny McEntee survives this game!

Reaction Score
Though I am hopeful of beating conference teams (Rutgers, Cuse, Ville .. with either USF or Cinci) and ::cough couch:: making a bowl this season .. the reality is that this WVU game isn't going to be close.

WVU gets an early kickoff return further exposing the regression on special teams. Geno Smith has a new carrier high ... passing for over 500 yards against a Defense that HCPP's staff fails to make adequate adjustments to. Johny Mac has a tough night throwing INT's against a secondary that picked Marylands QB 3 times ... from which Deleone starts rotating 3 QB's again. We leave the game more unclear about who our starting QB is than the beginning of the season.

WVU - a lot
Uconn - not so much

Doesn't get much uglier than that. I think we can avoid a pasting and stay in this game if we can get Nick the ball and cut down on the mistakes. I'm counting on that slow progression at QB and another week of watching film until it finally starts to click for a few guys. Home cooking hasn't been so good. Maybe a change of scenery and some opportunistic play keeps it close.

But we lose in OT 31-24

Reaction Score
I think we'll surprise an overconfident (trying too hard for revenge) WVU. I say they'll turn the ball over and we'll win a close game. After the game Holgerson will disrespect us and we'll start another thread on that subject. :)

Reaction Score
Unless WVU gets another case of fumblitis and Geno Smith inexplicably throws the ball away from Wilburn all game I think this one may get ugly. I wish it were otherwise. Just being honest.

Yessir. I think we have a chance to put the smack down on Geno, but short of another herculean performance by Sio and the DBs, this one may get out of hand

'eers : 37
'skies : 17

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Unless WVU self destructs (which they have before) WVU 36 UConn 20. I wish it were otherwise.

Reaction Score
All I know is that I"m expecting all three phases of our team to show up on the field in full form this week, and when they do, 27-16 uconn win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom