B1G To Start October 10? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

B1G To Start October 10?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Wow, there’s a walk back/clarification.

I’ll be gobsmacked if the B1G restart in October. The issue remains unresolved - liability. The B1G have deep pockets making them big targets and moreover states that might not be a sympathetic / supportive. But maybe - maybe something like 10 of the schools opt to play and the rest like Northwestern sit out.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Wow, there’s a walk back/clarification.

I’ll be gobsmacked if the B1G restart in October. The issue remains unresolved - liability. The B1G have deep pockets making them big targets and moreover states that might not be a sympathetic / supportive. But maybe - maybe something like 10 of the schools opt to play and the rest like Northwestern sit out.
they really from the beginning should've just said "we'll allow teams to play an independently coordinated schedule but we won't sanction a Big Ten title game in 2020" and then the teams that want to play could've schedule non-conference games and coordinated games with each other without liability on the league. But Kevin Warren tried to be a hero and now here we are.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Since the PAC12 isn't worthy of its own thread (IMO) and because I don't think the PAC does anything if the B1G doesn't lead first anyway.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

fwiw Steven Sipple of the Lincoln Journal Star has been told there's 7 schools in favor of playing right now and they need 9.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

fwiw Steven Sipple of the Lincoln Journal Star has been told there's 7 schools in favor of playing right now and they need 9.

What is crazy about this is that the rush to revise their decision has nothing to do with what is "right". It's 100% about money. The emperor has no clothes.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

"In addition to his presidency, he holds a professorship of microbiology and immunology and a professorship of internal medicine within the University of Michigan Health System as well as a professorship of molecular, cellular, and developmental biology in the University of Michigan College of Literature, Science, and the Arts."

MA Princeton, MD PhD John's Hopkins.

If that guy says they shouldn't play, they shouldn't play. Everyone else go home. I don't need the Purdue president's thoughts here.

Reaction Score
How about we back fill for Michigan they don’t want to play and we split their share? This is such an opportunity for a creative/motivated program with no place to play. We get $$ like never before, we win B1G hearts and minds and set up for the future. Open line to Warde M.

Reaction Score
How about we back fill for Michigan they don’t want to play and we split their share? This is such an opportunity for a creative/motivated program with no place to play. We get $$ like never before, we win B1G hearts and minds and set up for the future. Open line to Warde M.
When you wake up from your dream, come join us.

Reaction Score
I love the way Larry Scott sings When a Man Loves a Woman.
AFCDA3A0-114C-4259-A4B5-C8C7988C865A.jpeg

Reaction Score
Ohio AG talking about suing the Big10. He alleges that the conference had no legal authority to block non-conference games. Meanwhile, the Michigan President MD. PhD needs to save face so badly he’s saying Michigan won’t play even if the conference reverses course. I can’t see how the B1G stays on the sidelines with each passing week games going off without a major calamity.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Ohio AG talking about suing the Big10. He alleges that the conference had no legal authority to block non-conference games. Meanwhile, the Michigan President MD. PhD needs to save face so badly he’s saying Michigan won’t play even if the conference reverses course. I can’t see how the B1G stays on the sidelines with each passing week games going off without a major calamity.
That is what all those ADs and Presidents will have to address IF the remainder of the college football season goes basically smooth.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
That is what all those ADs and Presidents will have to address IF the remainder of the college football season goes basically smooth.
I don’t understand the Pollyanna thinking. It won’t go well, we are an undisciplined and selfish country.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I still dont blame the FBS schools sitting out this fall. They have deep pockets, they will be ripe for targets. The others are gambling and maybe it works, maybe it doesn't...its a gamble.

HS ball is local and I expect many HS seasons to end after 2 to 4 games...we shall see. The limited travel of HS helps their argument. The fact that HS ball is strictly non profit/without meaningful revenue also works to their advantage, but certainly doesn't shield districts entirely.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom