B1G did "prior homework" on... | The Boneyard

B1G did "prior homework" on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Oklahoma, Kansas, Vanderbilt, among others as potential expansion candidates. This is coming from a paper in Omaha. Pessimists will say "no mention of UCONN! Let's drop football!" Optimists will say "we must be among the 'among others' and ACC's GOR helps us!" Now that I've given both opinions, there's no need for further discussion;)

PS... I just love the name "Barfknecht". If you look in a mirror and say "Barfknecht" three times... nothing happens but it sounds pretty cool.

Reaction Score
Just FYI Vandy and Kansas are AAU, Oklahoma is not.

Reaction Score
Midwest paper, people in know he knows will know the West. I think BIG eventually goes to 24. BIG West BIG East. Delaney runs a network now. Content is King plain and simple. He wants as much content he can gather without destroying the product.

Reaction Score
The homework was completed right up to the point where they stumbled upon the political issues that each has with their little brothers.

To seperate these schools from their little brothers it would require that they also land in a spot soft enough that the fine senator from Witchita could sleep at night.

In other words, unless the PAC12 wanted the left overs it won't happen. If your the PAC12, do you want left overs? Nope.

Reactions: pj

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The homework was completed right up to the point where they stumbled upon the political issues that each has with their little brothers.

To seperate these schools from their little brothers it would require that they also land in a spot soft enough that the fine senator from Witchita could sleep at night.

In other words, unless the PAC12 wanted the left overs it won't happen. If your the PAC12, do you want left overs? Nope.

The PAC does not want K-State or O-State. But the SEC might. KU and OU are much more valuable properties however. I have no doubt that Delany knew is Atlantic seaboard strategy might fail (as much due to culture as anything) and has fall back options. The B1G has no culture problems in the midwest.

Reaction Score
If they hadn't done homework, that would be saying something.

Remember, IMG hosted a conference with Delany as a keynote speaker. UConn was well represented. These people are entirely knowledgeable about what a given school is worth. You think IMG isn't passing on the numbers?

Reaction Score
Midwest paper, people in know he knows will know the West. I think BIG eventually goes to 24. BIG West BIG East. Delaney runs a network now. Content is King plain and simple. He wants as much content he can gather without destroying the product.

Excuse me while I get all HFD, but I think this conference would make sense once the Big 12's GOR is up

B1G East
Pod 1 OSU/PSU/RU/UMD/UConn
Pod 2 Mich/MSU/Ind/Pur/NW

B1G West
Pod 1 Ill/Wisc/MN/Iowa/ISU
Pod 2 KU/Mz/UO/UT/Nebraska

Clearly it all hinges on Mizzou and UConn being added first. ;)

Reaction Score
My advice: root for B1G bball to start sucking badly (even more than now) soon and for UConn bball to kick butt. Eventually, the B1G may just panic at the thought of the ACC dominating bball.

Reaction Score
Maybe the B1G should sell Rutgers and Maryland to the ACC and ask UT, KU, Mizzu and Okie to join.

Reaction Score
so much for the lmighty GoR some think will have ANY effect on CR

pj

Reaction Score
Maybe the B1G should sell Rutgers and Maryland to the ACC and ask UT, KU, Mizzu and Okie to join.

I'm sure they explored that possibility before inviting Rutgers and Maryland. Texas didn't bite for B1G or Pac.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Excuse me while I get all HFD, but I think this conference would make sense once the Big 12's GOR is up

B1G East

B1G West

Hmmn, not bad. Let me take a whack at it:

people are not interpreting events properly. keep in mind that i have told you that we turned down the acc twice b4. so now all of suddne add goes with gor? obivious ans. is acc reaching out to connectict and were told no due to stablity issues, so acc had to stablize to get uconn. does that mean that we go? no b1g could be a playa, ucon to give ultimatum. look for b1g things to ahppn within days. ajl;e. iopwe . agg. q.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
so much for the lmighty GoR some think will have ANY effect on CR

The grant of rights doesn't have an effect on conference realignment, it basically ends it.

No one is going to want to challenge a grant of rights in court because it would expose their own underbelly.

Reaction Score

B1G East

B1G West

Wouldn't it just be cheaper to give all those new schools a TV contract from the B1G network that is higher than what they get from ESPN/Fox and let them remain as a separate conference? At some point you dilute the distributions to existing members if you have to pay them same and you decrease the chances of your core conference movers and shakers reaching that elusive championship game. You remember the posts on this board about the NBE bottom feedeers? Just imagine how bad it would get in a 20 team conference.

I am semi serious about this. If the B1G network is all about content, and getting more eyeballs across the country, why not pay the AAU or MAC or the Big Sky 50% more than ESPN for the broadcast rights. You open up the minor markets to your content and do not dilute the distributions or competition level of your own conference.

Reaction Score
Hmmn, not bad. Let me take a whack at it:

people are not interpreting events properly. keep in mind that i have told you that we turned down the acc twice b4. so now all of suddne add goes with gor? obivious ans. is acc reaching out to connectict and were told no due to stablity issues, so acc had to stablize to get uconn. does that mean that we go? no b1g could be a playa, ucon to give ultimatum. look for b1g things to ahppn within days. ajl;e. iopwe . agg. q.
Good HFD impersonation.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma, Kansas, Vanderbilt, among others as potential expansion candidates. This is coming from a paper in Omaha. Pessimists will say "no mention of UCONN! Let's drop football!" Optimists will say "we must be among the 'among others' and ACC's GOR helps us!" Now that I've given both opinions, there's no need for further discussion;)

PS... I just love the name "Barfknecht". If you look in a mirror and say "Barfknecht" three times... nothing happens but it sounds pretty cool.

Look. The B1G has a gap, and what UConn has to offer won't fill it. They already have enough northern state schools with bad to mediocre football programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom