Azzi's Shot... | The Boneyard

Azzi's Shot...

Reaction Score
Someone commented in an earlier post that he had watched Azzi in practice or warmups (I can't remember which) dribbling between her legs and launching a few 3 pointers that she swished. Given how she has been shooting lately, maybe she should just practice taking normal 3's..... OR, maybe she should try dribbling between her legs before shooting 3's in games! :) :) :)

Reaction Score
I've never worn a knee brace when playing, so I'm not sure how much extra weight that entails- and if it has ever been a factor for anyone to get used to.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I've never worn a knee brace when playing, so I'm not sure how much extra weight that entails- and if it has ever been a factor for anyone to get used to.
Modern braces are made of aluminum, foam and fabric. The one I had 20 years ago weighed about a pound. Fitted well, they inhibit motion very, very little. And most of that little is keeping the knee from moving the way you don't want it to.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Modern braces are made of aluminum, foam and fabric. The one I had 20 years ago weighed about a pound. Fitted well, they inhibit motion very, very little. And most of that little is keeping the knee from moving the way you don't want it to.
You just made me realize the last time I got fitted for an ACL brace was nearly 20 years ago as well. :eek: Once I'd start warming up with it I would forget I had it on. No doubt Azzi's used to hers by now. If anything it helps get rid of a mental block that you might reinjure yourself.

Kat

Reaction Score
If you looked at a tape of Azzi's missed shots and compared them to her made shots, you'd see that her shooting form does not change. She creates separation, squares up, and shoots with that smooth, fluid stroke. She just missed a few--it happens but it's not going to happen in crunch time.

Reaction Score
If you looked at a tape of Azzi's missed shots and compared them to her made shots, you'd see that her shooting form does not change. She creates separation, squares up, and shoots with that smooth, fluid stroke. She just missed a few--it happens but it's not going to happen in crunch time.
Fingers crossed.

The BE tournament wasn't crunch time?

Reaction Score
Fingers crossed.

The BE tournament wasn't crunch time?
You do realize Azzi was responsible for. 12 point run that blew the game open in the second half right? Two back to back there’s, a steal, an assist and then another three and we went up by 24. And then she came out and sat most of the rest of the game. So yes it did come back in crunch time

Reaction Score
While it's important that Azzi find her touch, it's equally important that her presence changes the whole dynamic of the game, 'cause the other guys can't just pack in the middle. So I'd love to see her get tons of baskets tomorrow, but you just cannot underestimate the Azzi deterrent factor.

Reaction Score
You do realize Azzi was responsible for. 12 point run that blew the game open in the second half right? Two back to back there’s, a steal, an assist and then another three and we went up by 24. And then she came out and sat most of the rest of the game. So yes it did come back in crunch time
Agreed, hoops, Azzi looked darned good, as did the team, when she ran the point. She's a basketball player, not just a shooter.

Reaction Score
Michael Jordon once went 1 -17 in a game before he started sinking them. He said his philosophy was "when you're on shoot......when you're not on, shoot till you're on." It looks like her problem is her legs or rather her one leg. That one leg isnt giving her the push shes used to and its taking time to get the right feel, the "smooth even" feel that shes used to. It'll come.

Reaction Score
Jerry Reed a old favorite of mine and a heck of a good guitar player actor etc, said it best. He not singing about basketball at all but the way his words fit the game. Having played, watched the game all my life he says it best. When your hot your hot, when your not your not!
We have to hope Azzi gets hot sooner rather than waiting for next year. Wish her nothing but the best and hope she gets her mojo working. Yikes that reminds me of another song...... I'll let it go for now. :)

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom