Azzi's Recruiting Statement | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Azzi's Recruiting Statement

Reaction Score
I think the thing that put Azzi over the top for coming to UConn (even more so than the knowledge possessed by Geno and the coaching staff) was the immense wealth of knowledge to be found here on the Boneyard. :)
OK, not a heck of a lot makes me bust out laughing here on the BY. But, this did it. Well said...

Reaction Score
I have read others making similar comments about UConn over the years. It's always the elite of the elite saying it too. Others wonder about minutes or how many shots they will get. Most college players know their basketball-playing careers end with graduation and pick schools with that in mind. The Bueckers and Fudds of wcbb are looking ahead to a pro and Olympic career and college is a step to those goals. They want the best training.
What a great point Alyar. How many players have come to us after being the biggest fish in ponds of mostly large sizes but being willing to subjugate themselves to the team. I truly believe I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of players who have left the program without getting the most out of their ability and have fingers left.

Reaction Score
I seem to recall similar sentiments from Brittney Griner

The only quote I could find was

Or as Brittney Griner -- who like Delle Donne and Breanna Stewart is a first-time Olympian -- said, "With someone like Coach [Auriemma] and the players we have on our team, you're always learning something.
National, I've always felt that if Brittney Griner had it to do all over again she would have chosen Uconn in a heartbeat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom