Azzi's letter to Kobe and Gigi. | The Boneyard

Azzi's letter to Kobe and Gigi.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Don’t know. But it’s clear from her thoughtful letter that Azzi is a sensitive young lady who was positively impacted by the time she was able to spend with Kobe & Gigi. There will undoubtedly be a number of factors that will influence Azzi’s decision where to attend college.

Certainly her BFF’s constant prodding is one of those factors. If anything, her time spent with Kobe & Gigi may have imparted a sense of the work ethic required to achieve greatness, something that Kobe Bryant understood, and something Geno Auriemma has preached his entire coaching career. Perhaps that factor might just tie the two together in Azzi’s mind when she makes her decision.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don’t know. But it’s clear from her thoughtful letter that Azzi is a sensitive young lady who was positively impacted by the time she was able to spend with Kobe & Gigi. There will undoubtedly be a number of factors that will influence Azzi’s decision where to attend college.

Certainly her BFF’s constant prodding is one of those factors. If anything, her time spent with Kobe & Gigi may have imparted a sense of the work ethic required to achieve greatness, something that Kobe Bryant understood, and something Geno Auriemma has preached his entire coaching career. Perhaps that factor might just tie the two together in Azzi’s mind when she makes her decision.
That would make sense, UCONN would be her greatest opportunity!

Reaction Score
I think her biggest decision will be if she wants to play with Paige or against her. And......does she want to share some National Championships with her best friend or watch her best friend win some National Championships. Make the right decision Azzi. :)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Just wondering are they really best friends or is that just hype?
There are numerous videos on the internet where the two are hanging out together, shooting hoops or just doing stuff that teenage girls do together. In one particular video they refer to each other as “best friends.”

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
No surprise. Every piece of evidence I see shows that Azzi has a really sweet soul. In contrast, I think Paige has a bit of rough and tumble in her that is absent in Azzi (except on the court of course). They remind me a bit of Lou (Paige) and Pheesa (Azzi) in disposition. Not a perfect analogy but close imho.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
No surprise. Every piece of evidence I see shows that Azzi has a really sweet soul. In contrast, I think Paige has a bit of rough and tumble in her that is absent in Azzi (except on the court of course). They remind me a bit of Lou (Paige) and Pheesa (Azzi) in disposition. Not a perfect analogy but close imho.
Lou (Paige) and Pheesa (Azzi). Or, Taurasi (Paige) and Bird (Azzi).

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think her biggest decision will be if she wants to play with Paige or against her. And......does she want to share some National Championships with her best friend or watch her best friend win some National Championships. Make the right decision Azzi. :)

Come home Azzi. Come to UConn and fulfill your destiny. ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Maybe she would wear uniform number 2 in honor of Gigi......

If UConn does not retire that number in honor of Gigi (It would not surprise me if they did), it would be a very classy and sincere way to honor one the program's biggest fans. Kobe said she was “hell bent” on stopping off at UConn for 4 years on her way to the WNBA. The Athletic department could make Gigi an "honorary" member of the women's basketball program and retire uniform number 2 in her honor. :)

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
How often would she really be playing against her?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Not as much as she would every day in practice.......
Like tops 2 games a year, if any. If she doesnt pick UConn it won’t be a conference school. So her team might be on the OOC schedule and might happen to face us in the tournament.

Reaction Score
How often would she really be playing against her?
I guess that would depend where she goes. Probably once during the year and the NCAA Tournament. I believe that the next few years the NCAA Champion will have to go through UCONN.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom