Azzi without crutches? | The Boneyard

Azzi without crutches?

Reaction Score
It looks like Azzi isn't using crutches and is moving around on the sidelines- if she is able to bear some weight, maybe she will be able to play soon?

Reaction Score
Don't push it. Rest till last week of season or later. If all goes well, maybe 5 minutes last two games, 5 to 10 minutes in BE tourney, 10-15 in first 2 rounds of NCAA. At the most. Let it go slow.

Reaction Score
Don't push it. Rest till last week of season or later. If all goes well, maybe 5 minutes last two games, 5 to 10 minutes in BE tourney, 10-15 in first 2 rounds of NCAA. At the most. Let it go slow.
That’s dumb. There won’t be any sense of chemistry or ability to play together. They’d end up playing worse with Azzi than they would have without her.

arch

Reaction Score
I think she was on crutches at beginning of game.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It looks like Azzi isn't using crutches and is moving around on the sidelines- if she is able to bear some weight, maybe she will be able to play soon?
They'll take a look on Feb 3rd and then go from there.

Reaction Score
Probably waiting to see how the knee heals. If surgery is needed, you want that done sooner than later. They probably are looking at both the short term and long term best options at this point.

Reaction Score
Probably waiting to see how the knee heals. If surgery is needed, you want that done sooner than later. They probably are looking at both the short term and long term best options at this point.
They already said surgery isn’t needed.

Reaction Score
I'm sticking to my recommendation..if she isn't ready by 2/5 then keep her just in practice with bubble wrap the other 22 h a day until the BE tournament....

Reaction Score
This UConn team has a tight grip on the Big East and losing or beating South Carolina won't really impact much. Fudd will get minutes in the Big East tournament and will be the deadliest spark off the bench come tournament time. With Caroline and Azzi on the mend, I think UConn has a lot of upside as long as the starters can stay rested and healthy.

Reaction Score
Um, Geno said in a post game pc, she would be on a 2 week on weight bearing and braced protocol..
Yes but he said it was just a precaution, not that she was unable to bear weight in her knee and said specifically she didn’t need the brace..

Reaction Score
I thought the same thing. I don’t think it’s been 2 weeks of non-weight bearing

Reaction Score
I thought the same thing. I don’t think it’s been 2 weeks of non-weight bearing
It has been exactly two weeks. I’d guess she gets reevaluated Monday or Tuesday. Remeber they told the press during the pre-game press before Butler, they didn’t announce it when they started treatment.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Well, we need somebody who can hit a 3. If we don't get either Azzi or Caroline back we will not go far in the tournament. It was only a matter of time when Lou would have a stinker, and today we were lucky to win. Dorka made two, Nika one, and neither one is a dependable outside threat. Besides, against any good team we need Dorka for rebounding. I don't want them to come back until they are ready, but I hope it is sooner than later.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Why February third?
That'll be the two week notice. Structurally there is nothing wrong with Azzi's knee, which the report clearly stated. This was all precautionary. It actually appeared to be more a bone bruise than any ligament damage.

Reaction Score
That'll be the two week notice. Structurally there is nothing wrong with Azzi's knee, which the report clearly stated. This was all precautionary. It actually appeared to be more a bone bruise than any ligament damage.
The two week notice is from today/this Monday. You are confusing when the media found out about her knee with when she started her treatment for her knee. I would expect she is getting re-examined tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest to see if she can progress with any additional rehab.

Reaction Score
Honestly I don't think we'll see Azzi before the NCAA's which is where if she can play will be really needed!
Until then hope Caroline will be ok for the Big East Tournament

Reaction Score
Honestly I don't think we'll see Azzi before the NCAA's which is where if she can play will be really needed!
Until then hope Caroline will be ok for the Big East Tournament
If that’s the case we won’t see Azzi until next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom