Azzi Wins 1st Career POTW | The Boneyard

Azzi Wins 1st Career POTW

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So well deserved. And this is ONLY the start of her sophomore season. I don't know how much better she can get, but can you imagine? Not even sure where the ride with her will end up, but MAN are we gonna enjoy every minute of it!

NPOY!!

Reaction Score
So well deserved. And this is ONLY the start of her sophomore season. I don't know how much better she can get, but can you imagine? Not even sure where the ride with her will end up, but MAN are we gonna enjoy every minute of it!

NPOY!!
I'd say she's still only playing at about 85% of her abilities............if you asked her she would say there's still a lot to work on.........

Reaction Score
Azzi might come close to Brianna's haul of awards. The one she will miss is the 4 NC's. But she will rake in a ton of awards as Paige did in her freshman year and no-one can doubt that she earned them all. GO AZZI! GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Azzi has been playing fantastic basketball and is carrying the team on her back. Making a good team great. That's what Paige did as well. One of Geno's greatest assets is getting the most out of everyone, including his best players. Imagine a team with a healthy Paige and a healthy Azzi, with hopefully at least some sort of paint presence. Throw Aubrey, Nika, Caroline, AE, Ice, Ayanna in there and WOW! Not to even mention the Freshmen. The sky is very blue for next year...

Reaction Score
Azzi has been playing fantastic basketball and is carrying the team on her back.

The danger in this is the team could succumb to Azzi-watching. The previous two seasons they sometimes gave in to Paige-watching. But maybe Nika’s greatest contribution is keeping them all focused on the game and the other team and not just looking at Azzi.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The danger in this is the team could succumb to Azzi-watching. The previous two seasons they sometimes gave in to Paige-watching. But maybe Nika’s greatest contribution is keeping them all focused on the game and the other team and not just looking at Azzi.
I think Azzi gets the ball out of her hands quickly whether as a shot or back to other guard and then quickly works her way through the court setting 4 or 5 screens as well as using them. That gives the others a chance to do their stuff a little more. I would love to see if you had a distance meter, how much Azzi moves on the court because it must be among the leaders in WBB. And Lou and Caroline are probably not far behind and I don't see any one on the court not being aggressive in their shots.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice little embedded FSI clip with Geno explaining what Azzi is doing

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

NPOY!!
In his post game conference Geno was pretty firmly of the view that she has another level in her. The rest of WCBB may well tremble at that thought.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'd say she's still only playing at about 85% of her abilities............if you asked her she would say there's still a lot to work on.........
Completely agree. Azzi is an amazing player, but she is not playing at the top of her abilities yet.
The scary part of Azzi's two 32 point games is she did it within the flow of the offense. You really didn't realize she was racking up the points.
Geno’s motion offense is a thing of beauty when it is being well executed. This year‘s team is moving the ball very, very well and that let’s Azzi score effortlessly. Last year it seemed like the clock would run down and we ended up in iso for Paige and let her create. This year our points seem to be coming more in the flow of our offense. Shout out to Nika who is doing an amazing job of finding people.

sun

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if any other UConn player could pick up for Azzi if she were to go down.
Maybe Carol but she would need to become sensational at cracking all of the defensive seams.
We can only hope that Azzi doesn't go down this year.
It could devastate the team if it were against a ranked opponent.
Azzi would be my vote for UConn MVP/ MOP / AA.
She got game just like Ray Allen did.
She seems to have perfect footwork at all times.
I'm sure that the NCAA is aware of it and has noticed Azzi's special gifts.
How could they not after Curry wore her jersey?

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if any other UConn player could pick up for Azzi if she were to go down.
Maybe Carol but she would need to become sensational at cracking all of the defensive seams.
We can only hope that Azzi doesn't go down this year.
It could devastate the team if it were against a ranked opponent.
Azzi would be my vote for UConn MVP/ MOP / AA.
She got game just like Ray Allen did.
She seems to have perfect footwork at all times.
I'm sure that the NCAA is aware of it and has noticed Azzi's special gifts.
How could they not after Curry wore her jersey?
I'm hopeful that Geno will play her less in the non-competitive conference games..........she's had an ongoing foot problem that comes from overuse, and she's been averaging around 38 minutes a game so far.............every minute she's on the bench is a good minute in terms of staying injury free for the big games......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom