Azzi SZN loading | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Azzi SZN loading

Reaction Score
Not according to ESPN, and many other sources. She is currently ranked 3rd of the top 25, even as she sits the bench.
Are those sources voting members? Or just online poll takers that have no actual power to make her the POY?

Reaction Score
The problem is Lou has committed a lot of TO's because her ball handling responsibilities on the perimeter have increased. Since teams know this many have pressured at the perimeter, forcing Lou (and Nika) to make poor entry passes, which in turn have led to TO's, which has led to baskets by the opposing teams.

I don’t agree that Lou has committed a lot of TO’s nor do I agree that her TO increase is only due to increased pressure. She is playing more minutes last 5 versus first 6, 34.6 vs, 27.6, up 25%. I do agree that she is touching the ball more, no choice there. Her TO’s have increased but she is only committing a TO every 10 minutes and 46 seconds. That’s not a lot. I think she is being asked to do a lot more with each touch and that is also leading to an increase in her TO ratio. The pressure has not affected her 3 point shooting, 15/28, nor her overal shooting percentage.

Reaction Score
I can't speak for the individual that "disliked" his/her post, but my guess it could possibly be from the highlighted section above, that's where I would dislike it as well. The poster for whatever reason always includes "Lou who will benefit from having Azzi on the floor at same time" (to paraphrase). Perhaps he/she can elaborate on the last 5 games (including the ND where Azzi got injured) why Lou has maintained her scoring average even though Azzi has not been on the floor, what other player is Lou benefitting from besides Azzi?
I’m not sure I get why one would be offended by something that is self-evidently true? Is there any doubt that Lou (or any shooting guard, or player, for that matter) benefits from having one of the best shooters in a generation on the floor at the same time? Those two are mutually beneficial and everyone else on the team
benefits as well! Just because Lou has maintained her scoring in Azzi’s absence doesn’t mean it hasn’t been more difficult or that it won’t be easier when she returns.
The point we should be making is that Lou has really stepped her game up and (obviously, with some help) has kept this team in contention under very difficult circumstances! So yeah, I too think she’ll benefit from Azzi’s return and deservedly so! Clearly, it will take some of the weight off her (and the team’s) shoulders and hopefully, we will see a fresher, more relaxed and efficient team as we head into Conference play.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure I get why one would be offended by something that is self-evidently true? Is there any doubt that Lou (or any shooting guard, or player, for that matter) benefits from having one of the best shooters in a generation on the floor at the same time? Those two are mutually beneficial and everyone else on the team
benefits as well! Just because Lou has maintained her scoring in Azzi’s absence doesn’t mean it hasn’t been more difficult or that it won’t be easier when she returns.
The point we should be making is that Lou has really stepped her game up and (obviously, with some help) has kept this team in contention under very difficult circumstances! So yeah, I too think she’ll benefit from Azzi’s return and deservedly so! Clearly, it will take some of the weight off her (and the team’s) shoulders and hopefully, we will see a fresher, more relaxed and efficient team as we head into Conference play.
Bingo! Exactly what I’d have said… if only I had thought of it.

Reaction Score
All this over a single thumbs down that in my opinion was not the least bit offensive. The team will be better with Azzi on the floor, otherwise why play her?

Reaction Score
All this over a single thumbs down that in my opinion was not the least bit offensive. The team will be better with Azzi on the floor, otherwise why play her?
Bingo, the "team" will benefit not only Lou.

Reaction Score
Isn't the NPOY decided before the NC game, iirc? But maybe a dominant run to the Final Four will serve the same purpose.

No. It’s decided by the end of the season. Then announced before the NC game.

Reaction Score
Bingo, the "team" will benefit not only Lou.
This is my point. The team will benefit. Lou is on the team. She plays on the perimeter with Azzi. My specificity on her is purely positional and honestly a credit to her, she is the top threat on the perimeter right now and having another threat on the floor let alone a NPOY candidate can only help.

Let's apply this logic to the posts, Aaliyah is having an excellent season, will she not benefit from Dorka returning? Yes the team overall, but specifically, who matches up with the Aliyah Bostons of the world to help Aaliyah if Dorka isn't in there?

Let's apply this logic to the NBA, for Golden State, when Curry and Thompson are on the floor together do they not benefit from each other? Kerr uses them to screen for each other to confuse defenses and it works.

Same logic.

@JordyG @Bone Dog I appreciate you both as a newer bone, Azzi is pretty controversial on this board but with the hype and attention she receives I don't really expect anything else, dislikes and all. I respect all of you

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom