Azzi says she’s staying | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Azzi says she’s staying

Reaction Score
Most of the assumptions seem to follow this pattern, assume Nika, Aaliyah and Aubrey all depart and Paige returns. In terms of individual predictions, that would be my best guess as well. If it played out that way, we would indeed have room for two more additions beyond Allie and Morgan, hopefully Sarah and Adrianna, but if any one of the three seniors other than Paige that could return do, then we only have one more not two. Just the math, but Geno may know many of the players intentions.

Reaction Score
it would be appreciated if this does not start a trend of using initials for names. not everyone likes to take time to decipher them, esp. ones that are not used often.

thanks
Thank you for saying that.

Reaction Score
If Azzi is happy and wants to stay she should. She's missed so much time the last few years but when she's been out there it's been largely smooth shooting as everyone predicted. She's put the question to rest for now at least and of course she has the right to change her mind but hopefully this will stop the thousands of hours of speculation.

I truly hope the health of Fudd and PB holds so the world can finally see the two of them in action.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Since Azzi is still a junior, and with the other talent in the draft this year, I did not expect her to join the 2024 draft. She wants her degree, which I imagine her parents would agree with, and she can enjoy another full year as a Husky. It hasn't been easy so far, but this is what she wanted, so let her play one more year to enjoy what she has envisioned for years. She deserves this, and why would any of us disagree.

Reaction Score
Paige's scholarship wouldn't count against the limit I don't think because she gets a Covid year which doesn't count against the limit or didn't at some point.

It didn't count the first year. Since then, covid players have counted against the scholarship limit.

Reaction Score
Since Paige has stated previously that she loves being a UCONN Husky and enjoys all her time in Storrs, I would guess that she'll be back at least 1 more year! She loves her teammates and coaches so why not stretch it out as long as she can!

Reaction Score
This is IN The Moment, now. April 24 shall be another moment. This moment allows us to think about what's next. The Reason--we have TIME--is so everything doesn't happen at the same time..

Reaction Score
Great! I hope Paige stays 1 more too, but we will see about that one after this season.

I feel like we have been robbed seeing them play together. Fingers crossed for a healthy year, so we can at least see Azzi and Paige together for 1 full year!
I mentioned this in another thread a few weeks back. Paige and Azzi WANT to play together. Injuries have prevented this.
If N.I.L. wasn't around then I could see her (Paige ) leaving for the money. N.I.L is here and she's making more money then going to the WNBA. Staying to fulfill her and Azzi's dream, is highly likely!

Reaction Score
I hope a certain someone who shall go unnamed (Her initials are S.S.) is paying attention! Between Azzi-confirmed, Paige-likely, Caroline, and Allie, that’s a lot of great outside sharpshooters to kick the ball out to! Just think of all the assists just waiting to be accumulated by someone who is likely to draw a routine double team! Not to mention all the perfect entry and transition passes coming in to someone with great hands and footwork! True, offensive rebounds may be hard to come by:rolleyes: but scoring, assists, and defensive boards are here in abundance! All this in a community waiting to embrace you wholeheartedly! Not looking to unman myself here, but please, please, please….

Reaction Score
I like your arithmetic, @rvwsleep! Especially having more than one Ice on the list. We need all the Ice we can get! And who's the new recruit, Is9. I think I missed her announcement. :D

But seriously, as I understand it, unless Nika and Aaliyah and Aubrey stay another year, we are good.

And if Azzi is staying for her senior year, I'll be very surprised if Paige doesn't stay too.
Would that be Ice, Ice, Brady?!? :cool::D:cool:

Reaction Score
Currently the bigger question would appear to be: “Why would anyone not make a commitment to play in the Basketball Capital of the World?”.
Thank You.. that is the question I continually ask myself as I look over the recruiting thread. What could be a more noteworthy accomplishment than playing for and at UCONN and playing for Geno?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom