Azzi is overrated | The Boneyard

Azzi is overrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
if she doesn't meet her/our ultimate expectations she'll still be a more complete version of KML.........

Reactions: HGN

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi needs to adapt to Geno's concept of being a good teammate--not sharing the ball, but rather shooting the ball if you are a great shooter.

People are judging Azzi prematurely. She's not perfect, but she's a great, great shooter. I'd rather see her shoot more. Her entire history has been as a great shooter. If she leads the team in shot attempts, that's not a bad thing.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Azzi needs to adapt to Geno's concept of being a good teammate--not sharing the ball, but rather shooting the ball if you are a great shooter.

People are judging Azzi prematurely. She's not perfect, but she's a great, great shooter. I'd rather see her shoot more. Her entire history has been as a great shooter. If she leads the team in shot attempts, that's not a bad thing.
That's what Geno wants. Your best shooters are supposed to take most of the shots.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
OMG please We've played 3 games. Give her a break. Remember Stewie Diana Maya Tina and Sue didnt even start Kristen did til she got hurt. Please if you wanna be so negative go to the Tenn boards.

Reaction Score
Didn't Stewie set some kind of scoring record in her first 10 games? I forget exactly what it was.

Reaction Score
OMG please We've played 3 games. Give her a break. Remember Stewie Diana Maya Tina and Sue didnt even start Kristen did til she got hurt. Please if you wanna be so negative go to the Tenn boards.
Tony my friend this thread title was sarcastic. I have been an Azzi fan from day 1. Just picking on all the detractors.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Azzi is only scratching the surface. There is more to her game than shooting though the team would be better if she shot more.

CD pointed out on the post game show that in men's basketball you rarely have to tell a player to shoot more but in women's basketball that is sometimes the case. Saying she has the green light is an understatement.

Reaction Score
She has always been a slow starter apparently. Careful. She is no doubt a good worker though who strives for excellence. Continued improvement is likely.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Didn't Stewie set some kind of scoring record in her first 10 games? I forget exactly what it was.
I think Stewie had 170 points in her first 10 games. I believe Maya had about 169.

Reaction Score
I think Stewie had 170 points in her first 10 games. I believe Maya had about 169.
Oh wow I thought it was something like that and vaguely remember Maya somehow being involved. I knew one of the Huskies experts would know!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Kaleena never took enough shots for my taste.
I think we mentioned that when last we were together. What I want to see is a return to that trailer 3 with Azzi. Kaleena would just kill teams with that. When Zee starts to hit that pull up she's going to be really tough to stop. People also haven't seemed to notice that Zee played better D today. Nor have they noticed her beefy upper body. When she starts to put on muscle she's going to be a beast down low as well.

Reaction Score
her shooting is not what anyone what should worry about, can she DEFEND.

Reaction Score
Is Azzi great like KML or KLS, or great like Stewie/DT/Maya?
I am convinced that we can not name any UConn player as “great” until their full body of work has been completed at UConn. Would anyone here have called Naphessa great her freshman year? Do you consider her a “great” now? I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom