Azzi Fudd to UCONN | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Azzi Fudd to UCONN

Reaction Score
So not under rated

Yes underrated.

Her H/S career has nothing to do with her college career.

She wasn't an ALL-American but played like one when healthy. She was best defensive player on that 01-02 team. She was incredibly efficient. Her career fg% was 65.4%.

She averaged over 10 ppg for a career (would've averaged more if not for injuries) while shooting over 65% while being the team's best defender on arguably the greatest women's team ever.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They lost that game because they allowed Miss. State to control the tempo that whole game. They weren't used to that type of game and the offense was out of sinc. McCowan did get her rebounds but it was Richardson who hurt them alot on the boards too.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Re: Azzi

I guess we are about to go 250-0 over the next 5-6 years.....

With the second coming of Diana (Paige)

And the second coming of Maya (Azzi)
Lol.

Do you think we can be satisfied for a while now? Or do we need more?

We can still only play 5 players at a time. Last time I checked.
TonyC I didn’t know you changed you handle

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
The District of Columbia just announced the suspension of high school sports - including at private schools due to Coronavirus concerns. Azzi will be out of action until the suspension is lifted.

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
I suspect Saylor won't have much of a high school season, if any at all, either.
I believe today is the first official day of practice for Saylor. Hoping for some games to be played, probably without fans but maybe family.

Reaction Score
Keeping fingers crossed that there will be any kind of a winter sports season in Maryland.

Reaction Score
Right now Feb 1st is the first day they could possibly start in DC. But that can always change.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Et6OJWMWQAEobTe

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
How does she not have the nickname, " Elmer?"
C'mon Longtime, you can be more original than that. :oops: Azzi is "unique", as should her new moniker be. Elmer is already taken (shame on you). The Boneyard discusses a lot of topics over the summer. Who will be in the starting lineup, who will be 6th man, who needs to improve their game, who will be most improved, who needs to get in the weight room, what we think the various strengths and weaknesses of each player is, and what they need to do to improve, what the expectations are for each new incoming freshman, and.............................. who needs a nick name. Several names will be presented for consideration. Fear not, this matter will be addressed and handled this summer. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A simple truth, it is the things you do when no one is looking that reveal your character, great story and what a reflection on the young lady and her family.
I was an assistant traveling softball coach for several years at a high level of competition and our head coach had a standing rule that the entire team police our “dugout” area at the end of games, virtually no exceptions but obviously there were some for legitimate reasons. Punch line, he found out that our best pitcher had played him twice with BS to leave upon the end of the game and he cut her loose. I always admired him for that and conversely wondered what was so important to her about the 10 minutes it took to clean up and the 10 minutes to hear the coaches talk to the team after that.
To her parents credit, they were the ones who inadvertently “spilled the beans” as both times had occurred when the girl had been driven by a friend, had no problem with the decision to let her go, and refused to let her finish the summer on another team.

Carnac

Reaction Score
What? It is what more original than Elmer.

Really? :confused: C'mon CL. I can think of at least 5-6 names right now we could hang on her.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Really? :confused: C'mon CL. I can think of at least 5-6 names right now we could hang on her.
So, ... Larry?

Just kidding buddy. TBH, I am not big fan of our putting nicknames on the kids. Let their teammates do it. We can adopt whatever they chose.

Carnac

Reaction Score
So, ... Larry?

Just kidding buddy. TBH, I am not big fan of our putting nicknames on the kids. Let their teammates do it. We can adopt whatever they chose.
Me either. But I do admit to liking two of the names purposed for Paige: "Miss Magic" (which I've already used twice in several comments), and "Buckets" which I believe was given to her sometime ago, and she likes it. That name needs no explanation, and is very complimentary. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
C'mon Longtime, you can be more original than that. :oops: Azzi is "unique", as should her new moniker be. Elmer is already taken (shame on you). The Boneyard discusses a lot of topics over the summer. Who will be in the starting lineup, who will be 6th man, who needs to improve their game, who will be most improved, who needs to get in the weight room, what the various strengths and weaknesses of each player, what the expectations are for each new incoming freshman, and.............................. who needs a nick name. Several names will be presented for consideration. Fear not, this matter will be addressed and handled this summer. ;)
I have no claim to original thought.

Reaction Score
Me either. But I do admit to liking two of the names purposed for Paige: "Miss Magic" (which I've already used twice in several comments), and "Buckets" which I believe was given to her sometime ago, and she likes it. That name needs no explanation, and is very complimentary. :)
I like the backcourt combo being known as "Fire and Fire Again". Not unlike the Knicks backcourt from many years ago known as "Fire and Ice". Open question: doesn't Clyde look really good in the TV commercials considering his age (and mine...).

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom