Azzi Fudd: Rehab Sucks | The Boneyard

Azzi Fudd: Rehab Sucks

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This is about the most realistic look at the road back I have ever seen in an article about a WBB player.

Azzi Fudd -- Think ACL surgery will keep me away from Steph Curry's camp?

Interesting tid bit: " The surgery went as well as it could. They used the patella tendon from my good leg as a graft, which is actually a good thing, because I had patellar tendinitis and that got rid of it. "

"My mom has gone through this, so she is extremely realistic. She was just, like, "Honestly surgery is going to suck, after is going to suck, physical therapy is going to be awful. It's going to hurt, but you're going to need to be tough and push through." She also knows what I'm going through. There will be days where I'm just upset and I don't know why -- I'm just upset. And she's like, "Yeah, it's just one of those days." She understands.

It is completely up to me when I come back -- how my leg is feeling, how I'm doing with the rehab -- so I'm not going to rush it. When I'm ready, I'm ready. If I'm not ready, then I'm not ready. I want to play. My biggest fear was tearing my ACL. Now, my biggest fear is coming back too soon, doing something to make it worse or reinjuring it. I am not going to do that or anything to harm it."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It was the third game of the day. I was playing against a really aggressive defender, so I tried to go harder. I did a hop-for-power, was in the air, and in the moment, all I remember is falling, my leg giving out and pain.

I believe that was Hailey Van Lith.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It was the third game of the day. I was playing against a really aggressive defender, so I tried to go harder. I did a hop-for-power, was in the air, and in the moment, all I remember is falling, my leg giving out and pain.

I believe that was Hailey Van Lith.

???? Hailey Van Lith was the defender???? Got video?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not only was it not vicious, but the defender was backing up and moving laterally while reaching up to try to swat at the shot. No idea what Flynn was talking about with "vicious" and all his semi-hysterical comments.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Not only was it not vicious, but the defender was backing up and moving laterally while reaching up to try to swat at the shot. No idea what Flynn was talking about with "vicious" and all his semi-hysterical comments.

What he said.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I don't think Azzi Fudd was implying that Hailey Van Lith was viciously defending her. She said that she was an aggressive defender...I believe that refers to Hailey Van Lith was tenacious and relentless. Azzi also said that she tried to go harder (faster) and she tried to do a jump stop and went to the air...and while she was in the air she knew something was wrong. I wouldn't call that an indictment on Hailey Van Lith

Reaction Score
If you really watch it becomes evident that Fudd injured herself on the way up. She loses her balance before Hailey Van Lith even made contact. She got no lift at all going up and her leg crumpled. She doesn't even land on her feet. Fudd describes what happens and the video bears that out. Flyns statements were totally uncalled for. But what can one expect from someone like him.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Focus less on “really aggressive defender”, and more on “third game of the day”.

Three games in one day, playing twelve months a year, focused largely on one sport, all lead to increased risk of injury.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I hadn't heard that Azzi had the surgery. It sounds good so far. It's interesting that she went to her mother's doctor.

Yeah, rehab sucks! My thoughts go out to Azzi. If it weren't a recruiting violation, I'd be happy to hang out with her and drive her to the gym. I'm only a few miles away in Alexandria.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I hadn't heard that Azzi had the surgery. It sounds good so far. It's interesting that she went to her mother's doctor.

Someone's been shirking their recruit thread reading. :(

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Someone's been shirking their recruit thread reading. :(

Yes, shocking @MilfordHusky . Get on your game Husky! No off season here! I expect a full explanation of the use of an athlete's patellar tendon tissue as an ACL graft by 6 tomorrow morning!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Didn't want to create a new thread for Azzi, so I'll add this tweet of hers to this thread.

I’m having a FREE clinic this Friday, July 19th, to raise money for Alzheimer’s research (in honor of my grandma & Pat Summitt) It will be at Marymount University, for grades 3-8. Email azzifudd@gmail.com to reserve a spot. Bring a ball! #hoopingforacure

Does this indicate that the Lady Vols might be in the lead for Azzi? It is great to see a young HS player involved with Charitable Events.

BTW, I don't follow Azzi on twitter, saw this tweet when it was retweeted.

Reaction Score
Didn't want to create a new thread for Azzi, so I'll add this tweet of hers to this thread.

I’m having a FREE clinic this Friday, July 19th, to raise money for Alzheimer’s research (in honor of my grandma & Pat Summitt) It will be at Marymount University, for grades 3-8. Email azzifudd@gmail.com to reserve a spot. Bring a ball! #hoopingforacure

Does this indicate that the Lady Vols might be in the lead for Azzi? It is great to see a young HS player involved with Charitable Events.

BTW, I don't follow Azzi on twitter, saw this tweet when it was retweeted.
1) Without knowing any more than what I just read in your post, I doubt it means anything regarding Tennessee’s recruiting chances.

2) How does a FREE clinic raise money?

Reaction Score
1) Without knowing any more than what I just read in your post, I doubt it means anything regarding Tennessee’s recruiting chances.

2) How does a FREE clinic raise money?

2) The event has sponsors and vendors. Also it’s free but they will accept donations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom