Azzi Fudd NOT the Naismith POY (merged thread) | The Boneyard

Azzi Fudd NOT the Naismith POY (merged thread)

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Raven Johnson has won the Naismith high school player of the year award.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Rumor has it Fudd only played 2 games this season. Maybe before we go all crazy with another conspiracy theory about how everybody is out to get UConn, consider that they really couldn't give the HS POY award to a player who really didn't have a HS season?

Reaction Score
Rumor has it Fudd only played 2 games this season. Maybe before we go all crazy with another conspiracy theory about how everybody is out to get UConn, consider that they really couldn't give the HS POY award to a player who really didn't have a HS season?
But she was clearly better in those two games than anyone else was all year. It’s robbery!

I kid, I kid.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi played only 2 official games because of the pandemic.

HGN

Reaction Score
Azzi is a great playerr , but I never expected her to be this year's NPOY. Simply put , not enough games played. Of all the candidates she may have played the least games.

I think they included her as a Finalist to attest to the known greatness of the player but simply did not play enough to legitimize winning the award .

But hey, not winning it may be a big plus for the Huskies next year. Now she may come in with a chip on her shoulder with something to prove.

Reaction Score
Azzi is a great playerr , but I never expected her to be this year's NPOY. Simply put , not enough games played. Of all the candidates she may have played the least games.

I think they included her as a Finalist to attest to the known greatness of the player but simply did not play enough to legitimize winning the award .

But hey, not winning it may be a big plus for the Huskies next year. Now she may come in with a chip on her shoulder with something to prove.
I agree. Hopefully she will use it as motivation. I don't think it was an accident that Paige was more aggressive offensively in the BE finals against Lott. It was as though she was saying, you are co- defensive player of the year and first team and my girl Liv is second team? How did you do tonight? I suspect Azzi and Paige are on the same "page" about those things. Ya think?

Reaction Score
Coaches in general will have problems with balancing playing time next year for those incoming and those who decide to take advantage of another year within their respective programs. Both South Carolina and UCONN, in particular, will have challenges given the quality of the current rosters, the incoming freshman class and those who choose to stay on for 2021-22. Will be interesting to see who falls out after next season.

Reaction Score
Coaches in general will have problems with balancing playing time next year for those incoming and those who decide to take advantage of another year within their respective programs. Both South Carolina and UCONN, in particular, will have challenges given the quality of the current rosters, the incoming freshman class and those who choose to stay on for 2021-22. Will be interesting to see who falls out after next season.
Actually, our bench has been disappointing this year. Lele is a senior but can play another year if she chooses. Amihere has been disappointing off the bench because she plays out of control.

I could see a couple of our freshmen getting significant time next year. Feagin as a big and Raven or Rivers at guard. We need better point guards play. Raven COULD play a role ass a freshman

Reaction Score
I don't think Azzis team played enough games for her to qualify.
Two games. IMO Azi should not have qualified as a finalist.

she is a GREAT prospect. May prove to be “generational” but she had no senior year.

Reaction Score
Then why include her in the finalists?
Totally agree! If the amount of games was an issue, they should simply have announced that and put out a statement that “regretfully, any player with less than a given number of games will not be considered.” This is simply a farce! They wanted the appearance that she (the number one player) was in the competition while in reality she never had a chance. Look, I don’t have a problem with them eliminating her for that reason but they should not have included her in the final list! What a travesty!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think the Colts started the Banner thing when they hung one for losing to the Patriots 45-7 in the AFC title game - not sure anyone will match that!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Totally agree! If the amount of games was an issue, they should simply have announced that and put out a statement that “regretfully, any player with less than a given number of games will not be considered.” This is simply a farce! They wanted the appearance that she (the number one player) was in the competition while in reality she never had a chance. Look, I don’t have a problem with them eliminating her for that reason but they should not have included her in the final list! What a travesty!
Let's not make up alternate theories here and attempt to prop them up with assumptions! You are assuming that Azzi lost this award because she only play in two games. Could it be this simple: Raven played better in 19 games than Azzi played in her two Games? or Azzi played well enough in two games to be considered a finalist but not well enough to win the award?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom