Azzi Fudd at Tonight's Marquette Game | The Boneyard

Azzi Fudd at Tonight's Marquette Game

Reaction Score
Thats it! Azzi is not allowed to watch Paige in person until she is enrolled at UConn!

First there was the Tn game in which Paige struggled until the game saving shot. Then this game. Nope, she is not bringing good luck!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Those two are the best of buds. This team will be even more competitive once Azzi Ducharme and DeBerry arrive and acclimates themselves to the team and the "system." We'll debate all summer whether she starts or not. No debate for me, I vote she starts! There will be argument on both sides. Azzi comes in with as much if not more "hype" than Paige, and Paige started from day 1!

I was wrong. :(The starting five I had taking the floor that first game in December was Evina, Anna, Christyn, ONO and Aubrey. I was not sold on the idea that "Miss Magic" could come in, sprinkle a little "fairy dust", and start day 1 in Geno's complex system, keeping in mind how Geno is constantly reminding us that it takes most (the average) freshman a full year to figure out and understand his read and react system.

As we found out real quick, Paige IS NOT your average freshman, and went about her business as establishing herself as a team leader, a go to player and someone they could depend on in crunch time late in the 4th quarter. After that game, I was sold, and wanted the ball in HER hands. Any wonder why Paige is averaging 36.1 minutes a game? She wanted to play when she choose to come to UConn. She's getting her wish.

It's unknown at this time if Westbrook returns or not. If she doesn’t then it's a no brainer. If she does, who sits? Azzi is just as good a shooter as Paige, and will take some of the pressure off Paige when they're in the game together. You can't double team both of them and ONO. Pick your poison. Somebody is going to be w-i-d-e- open. ;)

I don't like to look ahead, especially when we still have games left in front of us. I think the anticipation and expectations for next year's team will be off the charts. Regardless of where they finish the season, UConn has to be the #1 ranked team in the preseason polls for 21-22.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom