Azzi Fudd article | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Azzi Fudd article

Reaction Score
Here we go again! If the medical people, the trainers, the player, and her parents say she’s OK, why shouldn’t/wouldn’t she play? She can’t redshirt, so her season is gone anyway. As for this team being unable to win the championship without Paige, that is simply untrue. (I realize you didn’t say that) There is no super team this year. If UConn can get everyone healthy except for PB & Ice, they are capable of beating anyone. Will we definitely win? Obviously not, but with Azzi and Caroline 100% and a couple of weeks to settle back in, I like our chances against anyone!

Reaction Score
I support one of GENO'S basic statements: " Anytime, anyplace, any opponent".
The Huskies, even depleted, do not duck any opponent.! GO UCONN. !!!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I am of a different generation but quitting and cancelling are just not in my vocabulary. Uconn does not recruit quitters, they recruit players that learn to deal with adversity. Auriemma touched on the subject in his latest presser, citing Uconn players learn how to be professional while at the university. This appears obvious when you look at the tremendous success ex-Uconn players have had in and out of basketball upon moving on.
As a player, I would be PO’d beyond belief if a game was cancelled when I was on a team that had enough players to play. Losing is not the worst thing in life but learning to quit is sure up there. It becomes much easier to do once you start.
Finally, Fudd was re-injured against Gtown, should they have cancelled that game because the outcome was a fait accompli?
In general I agree, but knowing when to quit isn’t always a bad thing.

Reaction Score
In general I agree, but knowing when to quit isn’t always a bad thing.
For extenuating circumstances beyond one’s control, certainly there are possibilities where I would agree. But quitting because it is too hard or because of what might happen, never.
In this situation, IMO, if players or coaches decide to cancel or quit because of the ramification of potential injuries they are very much in the wrong business. And I don’t think for a second that is the case here.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
For extenuating circumstances beyond one’s control, certainly there are possibilities where I would agree. But quitting because it is too hard or because of what might happen, never.
In this situation, IMO, if players or coaches decide to cancel or quit because of the ramification of potential injuries they are very much in the wrong business. And I don’t think for a second that is the case here.
Could have a long discussion on the topic. But as I said, I generally agree.

Reaction Score
The real issue is what is wrong with Azzi's knee. Depending upon the issue, this could affect next year as well. Hopefully a minor strain and the Huskies will roll into the Playoffs this year relatively healthy.

Reaction Score
These are World-Class Athletes, not porcelain dolls. Choices and courses of action are made and taken everyday at UConn with the best interest of these athletes as priority. Please pay attention. At a time of such great inspiration for what this team is achieving under the circumstances, you are shutting things down. Why? These 7 players are having the absolute time of their lives. This year will be forever etched in their collective memories. The bonds they are cementing each moment of this season will be everlasting.
This is basketball. A contact sport to be sure. A sport with rules and a code of ethics. A sport that has been deemed safe to play without padding. Accidents happen, injuries happen, players are put on the shelf, players return, everything proceeds from there.
This is not the Roman Colloseum with lions and gladiators. This isn't Rollerball. Or Hunger Games. Or even football.
I am into this team. It's a great story. I am also sad (empathetic like a fellow poster reminded me of the other day) for the pain and missed opportunities of the injured players but....
Talking about army recruiting slogans yesterday, who wouldn't go to war with these young women .

Reaction Score
Lets face it - Azzi is done for the season. This is the same knee that she suffered torn ACL/MCL in 2019, now two more injuries in a short timespan.
I don’t like it either but thats the reality of it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom