Azzi Four Schools Remain on List, Not Two. | The Boneyard

Azzi Four Schools Remain on List, Not Two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
https://www.ctinsider.com/uconn/ctp..._source=post original url&utm_medium=referral

UConn, UCLA, Louisville and Maryland — not two as previously reported by Sports Illustrated. However, she’s not ready to choose.

Reaction Score
Ugh, getting sick of these. Why should we even care? We are stacked.

You are right "we are stacked" big time....I am getting sick of these Fudd posts too. When and if she comes to Uconn so be it. We should be happy with what we have right now. Because we are going to win several championships with or without Fudd..

Reminds me of EDD... It turned out we didn't need her to win either.

Of course I would like to see Fudd come too (and I think she will) but I love the newcomers we have now.... Paige is going to be a big time player. (Ie: Diana Taursi like)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi is a great kid and an incredible basketball talent, but self-admittedly a slow decision maker.

Remember that Megan, Christyn, and Olivia all announced during the Early Signing Period. We should wait at least that long for Azzi.

Reaction Score
I've said several times before how I feel, "she who is not to be named" is planning on attending UCONN starting next year!
As I have also stated previously, I am excessive compulsive, and over think everything!
So while I'm spending time thinking I've come to several opinions about her and this situation.
1. Both her parents were highly skilled BB players themselves when younger and have been there, done that and realize that UCONN presents their daughter with the best chances for her future in WBB! Even if they're leaving the decision up to her they all have talked about what each of her favorites can offer her, now and forever!
2. She and Paige Bueckers have been best of friends for many years! And I would bet the farm that more than several times good friends sitting around bs'ing many teenage girl topics, explore their future in WBB. Have discussed playing ball together at UCONN! And what a dynamic duo they would make! I can't see great friends saying we'll go to different schools and beat each other to a pulp once every couple years!
3. I also feel that "she" is like Paige and really likes and admires Geno Auriemma! He's a cool guy and that right now is the best coach in WCBB with the best supporting staff in WCBB by far!
I know I've been wrong in the past and may wind up with egg in the face this time, I'll accept the bad news if it happens but right now I'll go with my instincts!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It would not surprise me if someone in the Fudd household, either Azzi and/or her parents are monitoring the BY, as well as other social media outlets. I can only wonder what they are thinking relative to our obsession. They may be delighted at all the attention, or they might think we’re all a little nuts.

The good news is that Azzi’s BFF can commiserate with her, having substantial knowledge of the experience. They are probably having there own competition relative to which one generates more “pre-decision” posts on the BY.

In fact, Azzi may be holding off announcing her decision until after she passes Paige. That being the case, we should all increase our number of posts on Azzi’s recruitment by a factor of 10x........:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It would not surprise me if someone in the Fudd household, either Azzi and/or her parents are monitoring the BY, as well as other social media outlets. I can only wonder what they are thinking relative to our obsession. They may be delighted at all the attention, or they might think we’re all a little nuts.

The good news is that Azzi’s BFF can commiserate with her, having substantial knowledge of the experience. They are probably having there own competition relative to which one generates more “pre-decision” posts on the BY.

In fact, Azzi May be holding off announcing her decision until after she passes Paige. That being the case, we should all increase our number of posts on Azzi’s recruitment by a factor of 10x........:rolleyes:
I'll try to clear up the confusion, we are a little nuts.

Reaction Score
You are right "we are stacked" big time....I am getting sick of these Fudd posts too. When and if she comes to Uconn so be it. We should be happy with what we have right now. Because we are going to win several championships with or without Fudd..

Reminds me of EDD... It turned out we didn't need her to win either.

Of course I would like to see Fudd come too (and I think she will) but I love the newcomers we have now.... Paige is going to be a big time player. (Ie: Diana Taursi like)

Nicely said. The current and future prospects for UConn would be any Coach's dream. On the other hand, this is a young lady who appreciates the adulation and attention that she is getting from the recruiting schools as well as the "drama" leading up to her eventual selection. Perhaps, she has already made a decision.

Just hope that Fudd will not turn herself into a Thud.

Reaction Score
Nicely said. The current and future prospects for UConn would be any Coach's dream. On the other hand, this is a young lady who appreciates the adulation and attention that she is getting from the recruiting schools as well as the "drama" leading up to her eventual selection. Perhaps, she has already made a decision.

Just hope that Fudd will not turn herself into a Thud.
That is not going to happen! Azzi is going to be as good as advertised. If she verbal's to UCONN, UCONN'S #3 class ranking will jump to #1.

Reaction Score
I know you’re all sick of the speculative Azzi posts, but I think I can help with this, and am pleased to do so because the breaking news is appears to be positive, but allow me to begin with just one caveat: I would never deny my friends on this forum the knowledge to which I am now privy, but I must urge all of you, in the strongest possible terms, to keep this information confidential, just “within the family.” One never knows who might attempt to misuse it!

OK, here’s the scoop: I have a brother-in-law (my wife’s sister’s second husband) who is a periodontist in Los Angeles. His name is Marty. Marty has a dental hygienist employee named Irma Jean. Irma Jean’s daughter, Philomena (everyone calls her Phil), is best friends with Azzi’s first cousin, Unni, who resides in L.A.. Unni pals around with a UCLA sophomore named Eugene, who is a varsity tennis player. Purportedly, when Azzi went out to UCLA to have a look around, Phil asked Unni to introduce Azzi to Eugene, which she did, and Eugene allegedly gave Azzi a campus tour. My understanding is that Azzi became immediately smitten with both Eugene and the campus, and a “relationship” ensued. Now, here comes the major news: Azzi confided to Unni, who told Phil, who told Irma Jean, who told Marty, who then shared with me that in Azzi’s absence subsequent to her departure for home, Eugene got a bit frisky with a current UCLA freshman named BillieSue. Azzi is reportedly furious and, understandably, feeling betrayed, and is currently reevaluating her feelings about both UCLA and Eugene. I think that’s how Louisville and Maryland crept into the picture kind of late in the game.

Now, what does all this mean? Who knows? But, as I’m sure you will agree, this can’t be bad for the Huskies’ chances!! But remember, shhhh!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I know you’re all sick of the speculative Azzi posts, but I think I can help with this, and am pleased to do so because the breaking news is appears to be positive, but allow me to begin with just one caveat: I would never deny my friends on this forum the knowledge to which I am now privy, but I must urge all of you, in the strongest possible terms, to keep this information confidential, just “within the family.” One never knows who might attempt to misuse it!

OK, here’s the scoop: I have a brother-in-law (my wife’s sister’s second husband) who is a periodontist in Los Angeles. His name is Marty. Marty has a dental hygienist employee named Irma Jean. Irma Jean’s daughter, Philomena (everyone calls her Phil), is best friends with Azzi’s first cousin, Unni, who resides in L.A.. Unni pals around with a UCLA sophomore named Eugene, who is a varsity tennis player. Purportedly, when Azzi went out to UCLA to have a look around, Phil asked Unni to introduce Azzi to Eugene, which she did, and Eugene allegedly gave Azzi a campus tour. My understanding is that Azzi became immediately smitten with both Eugene and the campus, and a “relationship” ensued. Now, here comes the major news: Azzi confided to Unni, who told Phil, who told Irma Jean, who told Marty, who then shared with me that in Azzi’s absence subsequent to her departure for home, Eugene got a bit frisky with a current UCLA freshman named BillieSue. Azzi is reportedly furious and, understandably, feeling betrayed, and is currently reevaluating her feelings about both UCLA and Eugene. I think that’s how Louisville and Maryland crept into the picture kind of late in the game.

Now, what does all this mean? Who knows? But, as I’m sure you will agree, this can’t be bad for the Huskies’ chances!! But remember, shhhh!
Bp, clearly you have far too much time on your hands...,.......

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom