Azzi and bueckers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Azzi and bueckers

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Fudd has a better handle then Moore and KML. What makes her special is her scoring ability from all over the court, MilfordHusky has said she could be a 40/50/90 player, maybe seimone augustus is a good comparison for Azzi.
Azzi has a better handle than Maya, maybe even Maya as a pro. If her handle is better than Kaleena's, it's only a little better. K has world-class hands, as does Azzi.

When I watch Azzi make a layup, I almost think she is cheating, because I love to see her rise and use that beautiful jump shot. I'm not sure what is the best part of her game. She is better at driving than I initially realized, and her jumper is highly accurate. Seimone's strength was the crossover and midrange jumper. Azzi has a similar shot, but with more arc and a softer touch. Azzi's game is more diversified than Seimone's.

All of these things are possible for Azzi: being a 50/40/90 shooter, leading the nation in 3-point percentage, breaking Kaleena's UConn record of 398 treys. I previously though that she could challenge Maya's UConn record of 3,036 points, if she were to come to UConn, but the offense may be too balanced for that.

[Here's a note for people who under-appreciate Kaleena: Her shooting stats as an All-American sophomore: .528/.492/.895. She was 1 free throw and 2 three-pointers from shooting .500/.500./900. As an All-American senior, K shot .518/.488/.895. She was 1 free throw and 3 three-pointers from shooting .500/.500/.900. For her career, Kaleena was a 49/45/88 shooter. Sue was a 48/46/89 shooter. ]

Reaction Score
Good lord. Did you note how many of Paige's shots (of all types) didn't touch the iron?

I was thinking of that fact as I watched Paige and Azzi watch our guys hit the rim on so many of our shots at ND game. What did they think?

Reaction Score
Good lord I didn't realize people born post 9/11 are going to be entering college. :eek:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I’ve seen Azzi several times. Her free throws rarely hit the rim.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Maybe if all of us (or at least those of us who have been good) write VERY nice letters to S. Claus....

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I hope seeing UConn play in person will make Azzi choose UConn as well as playing with her best friend. You have teammates who are best friends on the team who could be an inspiration. Hopefully, Evina and Megan or Christyn and Olivia will convince Azzi to come play at UConn with Paige. Plus every player current and former say UConn is family oriented.

Reaction Score
Maybe if all of us (or at least those of us who have been good) write VERY nice letters to S. Claus....

3A3EFF13-3C51-49AD-8465-24F580B46428.jpeg

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I think they became besties in college, I could be wrong but I think Lou and Boykin were closer at one time.

As were Napheesa and Cierra Porter.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Along with a prayer to the basketball Gods. It couldn’t hurt. :rolleyes:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
It seems rare for high school teammates, or even best friends to pick the same college, Peoples and Gilbert at ND is one set of best friends that did pick the same college, but there was Diggins and Bone who were said to be besties and didn’t land at the same school, only time will tell, Fudd does seem to really like UConn tho, so I would say that’s a positive sign.
Harper talked her best friend Langhorne out of coming to UConn at the last minute. Probably cost us a couple of Championships.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Along with a prayer to the basketball Gods. It couldn’t hurt. :rolleyes:

How about a sacrifice? Way back when, we used to sacrifice a television every hallowe'en. These days, though, flat-screens don't explode like CRT's used to.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Fudd has a better handle then Moore and KML. What makes her special is her scoring ability from all over the court, MilfordHusky has said she could be a 40/50/90 player, maybe seimone augustus is a good comparison for Azzi.
Why are you listening to @MilfordHusky about anything? He once touted Megatron would be an All-American and beast at UConn and...oh wait, never mind, Thanks Milford! :rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Check out the video of Azzi shooting in the December Recruiting thread. See if she reminds you of anyone. The results remind me of Steph Curry. Azzi is incredible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom