Azzi and bueckers | The Boneyard

Azzi and bueckers

Reaction Score
It seems rare for high school teammates, or even best friends to pick the same college, Peoples and Gilbert at ND is one set of best friends that did pick the same college, but there was Diggins and Bone who were said to be besties and didn’t land at the same school, only time will tell, Fudd does seem to really like UConn tho, so I would say that’s a positive sign.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Azzi reminds me of Kaleena Mosqueda Lewis and Bueckers doesn't remind me of anyone....she is a generational player.

Reaction Score
Bueckers and Fudd are totally focused on basketball and it appears that is the basis for their friendship. I'm sure they both value an education. Bueckers is an excellent student. I don't know about Fudd but neither has law or medicine as a life goal.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I've said this before, but watching Paige you get the sense that she can do whatever she wants whenever she wants, almost as if the opposing players don't really matter. That will not be true in college, but she is an amazing talent and I'm looking forward to seeing her play for us. Fudd is too far away for me to be excited about.

HGN

Reaction Score
Both are great players......But they're BETTER together. I mean like Championship type Better.

The whole WCBB world fears them being on the same team. They know the potential of greatness that combination can create. Followed by multiple Championships. Does the opponent drink rattlesnake or cobra venom? Pick your poison. That's the choice other teams fear making. And is one reason why they are trying to prevent Uconn from getting her verbal.

I got my fingers crossed to witness the 2nd coming of a Taurasi-Bird backcourt.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Azzi has plenty of incentive to come to UConn. Paige is just a cherry on top.

Imagine how much more enjoyable their college experience would be if they would experience it together. That duo alone would be a nightmare for other programs. Not to mention the joy and excitement they would provide to UConn’s fan base. Who knows, maybe they could seriously challenge the record of the most career points scored by a duo (Collier and Samuelson) in UConn history. Wouldn’t you like to see them try?

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I believe that Azzi has a 3.8 GPA at SJC. She is an excellent student.

I see Azzi as a bit of a cross between Maya and Kaleena. She is about as tall as Kaleena and has the best shot I've seen since K, but she's much trimmer. She's not as big and strong as Maya, but has a somewhat similar shot. Anyone compared to these 2 players is really, really good.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
With Gusters and Andrews both going to Baylor, I'm curious to see how that works out. They've played with each other in AAU, spent two years at the same high school, and will likely be living together next year. That's a lot of together time. I'm not sure if I can think of two high-profile recruits who have been in a similar situation...

Bird and Taurasi didn't meet until Diana's recruiting trip, so their friendship really didn't start until Diana got to UConn.

Sherri Coale said about Bird and Taurasi in the back court, "By the time you could stop the bleeding, you were dead."

This is what I want for Azzi and Paige.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Who knows, maybe they could seriously challenge the record of the most career points scored by a duo (Collier and Samuelson) in UConn history. Wouldn’t you like to see them try?
Except they are not in the same class.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
With Gusters and Andrews both going to Baylor, I'm curious to see how that works out. They've played with each other in AAU, spent two years at the same high school, and will likely be living together next year. That's a lot of together time. I'm not sure if I can think of two high-profile recruits who have been in a similar situation...

Bird and Taurasi didn't meet until Diana's recruiting trip, so their friendship really didn't start until Diana got to UConn.

Sherri Coale said about Bird and Taurasi in the back court, "By the time you could stop the bleeding, you were dead."

This is what I want for Azzi and Paige.

Sherri Coale said about Bird and Taurasi in the back court, "By the time you could stop the bleeding, you were dead." This is what I we want for Azzi and Paige. :) I fixed it for you. You're not alone, you've got lots of company.

The being "dead" part, that would work for me. :p

Reaction Score
Imagine how much more enjoyable their college experience would be if they would experience it together. Wouldn’t you like to see them try?

I'm guessing the duo is having this exact converation between them whenever the subject comes up.

Reaction Score
Imagine how much more enjoyable their college experience would be if they would experience it together. That duo alone would be a nightmare for other programs. Not to mention the joy and excitement they would provide to UConn’s fan base. Who knows, maybe they could seriously challenge the record of the most career points scored by a duo (Collier and Samuelson) in UConn history. Wouldn’t you like to see them try?

Try? Yes. But frankly I hope there is enough talent around them that they don't. It may be sacrilegious to say it but KLS and Collier did too much of the scoring for UConn. Of course there are games when it would happen that they score a ton but I prefer to see a half dozen passes and either an open 3 or a layup.

Reaction Score
Fudd has a better handle then Moore and KML. What makes her special is her scoring ability from all over the court, MilfordHusky has said she could be a 40/50/90 player, maybe seimone augustus is a good comparison for Azzi.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom