Azura Stevens | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Azura Stevens

Reaction Score
Similarly if Deshields had come back we definitely win our 9th title!!

What ifs are fun to ponder about even if there is zero knowledge of what actually would've happened. Most teams can play the what if game, but a couple other big ones in recent years include:

What if Loyd didnt leave early in 2015?

What if Turner didn't tear her ACL in the 2016 tourney? (ND likely wins it all IMO)

What if Shepard didnt get cleared by the NCAA last season?

What if Morris didnt get kicked off Baylor this year?

What if SC had Gray/Davis/Cooper all eligible in 2018?

What if Kristy Wallace didnt tear her ACL?

What if Stevens was eligible in 2017? Or if Tuck stayed?

I thought that was the point of this thread. Everything you said was legit but there is nothing that would suggest Tennessee winning a 9th title if Deshields would have come back. That is a little farfetched. :)

Reaction Score

When in doubt, flog the deceased steed. It is clear that Z is sorely missed; the dynamics leading to her decision to exit Storrs is what can be debated endlessly and fruitlessly. But right now, all our energies should be focused on improving the current team, re-energizing CW, MW, and the rest of the starters and bench. The team that beat up Notre Dame can still be realized.

Reaction Score
I don't think Stevens would've helped you much on defense; in the WNBA she wasn't a great defender, and her senior year at UConn, she was an average defender for her size.
I do think that offensively, UConn would be much better off. Stevens can flat out score, and she would've drawn help away from KLS, giving her easier opportunities than what she gets now.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don't think Stevens would've helped you much on defense; in the WNBA she wasn't a great defender, and her senior year at UConn, she was an average defender for her size.
I do think that offensively, UConn would be much better off. Stevens can flat out score, and she would've drawn help away from KLS, giving her easier opportunities than what she gets now.
You can’t teach 6’6”. Playing only 21 mpg, Z lead the Huskies in blocks & rebounds last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom