Azura Stevens | The Boneyard

Azura Stevens

Reaction Score
Azura is not even playing but she still managing to be blamed for this years team.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
kermit4.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Meh, it's a fair point. This isn't the team that Geno envisioned. There is no doubt that Azura would be a cure for most of what ails us.

That said, kids get to decide what to do with their lives. I wish Z the best.

Reaction Score
Of course it's a fair point, but as the OP said...why beat a dead horse.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Rather than looking at Z from what could have been, how about asking the question, “What would have happened last season if Z never transferred to UConn?”

During a season when 3 starters missed substantial time due to injuries and health-related issues, Z played in all 37 games, starting 8 games when key starters were out. Z played around 21 mpg, 6th on the team, but she lead the Huskies in shooting %, blocked shots and was tied for the lead in rebounds. Z almost single handedly brought the Huskies storming back against ND in the 4th qtr with Lou & Gabby out.

I get it. We always want more. Personally, I’m extremely thankful for the one great year we got from Z.

Reaction Score
I know this is beating a dead horse, but Azura Stevens leaving early continues to kill Huskies. Still think Geno was blind-sided.

Was Stevens blindsided by being made to come off the bench? Just like in Survivor, one good blindside deserves another.

Reaction Score
Meh, it's a fair point. This isn't the team that Geno envisioned. There is no doubt that Azura would be a cure for most of what ails us.

That said, kids get to decide what to do with their lives. I wish Z the best.

That is ONE opinion. I'm of the opinion Azura may have helped in some areas (scoring) but not in others (defending the basket. Unless she advanced beyond the training she got for nearly 2 years it does not appear she would have helped except in Scoring, then CW and MW would have been sitting-- Just another slant on the old Stevens story.
I wasn't blind sided by her leaving, I expected. Being at Uconn as a non starter or going pro and making money--not much of an option.

Reaction Score
So, are we now going to blame Morgan Tuck for not winning five in a row?! Blame Della Donne for costing us more championships?! Why is dead horse beating still a therapy choice?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I know this is beating a dead horse, but Azura Stevens leaving early continues to kill Huskies. Still think Geno was blind-sided.
Boneyardin'.

Reaction Score
I sometimes wondered what would have happened if Gray and Davis would have come back for their final season. We definitely would not have been a 2 seed in the Albany region and Mississippi St. would still been in search for their 1st SEC regular season crown. :)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
If Geno was blindsided, that's on him.
I sorta agree in that he obviously knew that she was eligible for the draft and she might go and we don't know what was said in their private conversations, but even leading up to the tournament, Z was saying publicly that she was coming back.
And now nobody really knows if what happened in the tournament was the true deciding factor.
So I don't understand why it's "on him". I think his recruiting of ONO sorta indicates that he wasn't totally blindsided. IMO.

Reaction Score
Of course it's a fair point, but as the OP said...why beat a dead horse.
Beating a dead horse can be excellent therapy. They are a good target for releasing of pent up rage and frustrations. They do not move and you can beat them till you get tired.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Sure, why not. Some people are still "What if"-ing the 2000-01 season.

There's no way to know how having her would've affected this year's team. Maybe having her would've been better, maybe it wouldn't have been.

Maybe early in the season, she would've started and Christyn Williams wouldn't have and maybe that leads to Williams not scoring 28 against ND and UConn losing that game.

Stevens wouldn't have made a difference against Baylor, well, not enough to matter in my opinion. Would she have made a critical difference against Louisville? Maybe. Again, maybe not.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I sometimes wondered what would have happened if Gray and Davis would have come back for their final season. We definitely would not have been a 2 seed in the Albany region and Mississippi St. would still been in search for their 1st SEC regular season crown. :)

Similarly if Deshields had come back we definitely win our 9th title!!

What ifs are fun to ponder about even if there is zero knowledge of what actually would've happened. Most teams can play the what if game, but a couple other big ones in recent years include:

What if Loyd didnt leave early in 2015?

What if Turner didn't tear her ACL in the 2016 tourney? (ND likely wins it all IMO)

What if Shepard didnt get cleared by the NCAA last season?

What if Morris didnt get kicked off Baylor this year?

What if SC had Gray/Davis/Cooper all eligible in 2018?

What if Kristy Wallace didnt tear her ACL?

What if Stevens was eligible in 2017? Or if Tuck stayed?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom