AZ Central: Courtney Ekmark resurfaces | The Boneyard

AZ Central: Courtney Ekmark resurfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
When Courtney Ekmark was last seen, she was playing with a broken nose to lead Phoenix St. Mary's High to a third consecutive Division I state girls basketball championship. That was in February 2013.

LINK

Reaction Score
She has to have tortillas flown in? Oy.
I'm guessing she doesn't have her own personal contract with Sysco to deliver the tortillas. Her parents probably send them like a little care package that students get from home from time to time. Mine never included food, but I did receive them every 2-3 weeks so I could continue getting mail being sent to me at my home address.

Reaction Score
My freshman year I started getting boxes of walnuts whenever the walnut orchards in California started to give up the goodies. Still can't enjoy a walnut to this day...

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
My mother made this amazing chocolate cake with a cream filling (would've been banned by Mayor Bloomberg) that I got once in a while and had to fight off the guys in the dorm when it showed up. One day delivery from Hartford to Storrs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm guessing she doesn't have her own personal contract with Sysco to deliver the tortillas. Her parents probably send them like a little care package that students get from home from time to time.

Yes I understand. It just doesn't speak well of CT that she can't find a decent tortilla and has to resort to having her parents send them!
I mean we're not talking about something intricate or unique like a prized tomato sauce or cookie recipe - it's a flour tortilla!

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Yes I understand. It just doesn't speak well of CT that she can't find a decent tortilla and has to resort to having her parents send them!
I mean we're not talking about something intricate or unique like a prized tomato sauce or cookie recipe - it's a flour tortilla!

Probably filled with something...

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
She looks like Shea Ralph in that photo! That was confusing.

Reaction Score
I lived in CT for 20 years and I can guarantee you are Mexican food-deprived. Good for her.

OTOH I now know the names of, and have in my kitchen, at least 20 types of pasta that I never knew existed before moving to CT from Mexican food country. And I also became a New Haven pizza snob. Tradeoffs....

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
She looks like Shea Ralph in that photo! That was confusing.
Courtney looks like she has added some bulk since her High School days. It will be fun to watch all the freshmen progress.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not necessarily. Might be corn tortillas she's after. Flour ones are plentiful around here, corn ones, not so much. Decent corn ones, even less.

Reaction Score
Courtney must come to grips with the fact that it's time to shift to an Italian menu and the Tri-State area is THE place to be in that regard.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
She has to have tortillas flown in? Oy.

It's surprisingly difficult to find good tortillas in areas without a significant Latin American population. Thankfully, in Chicago I never have to face such harrowing problems.

EDIT: Flour tortillas are for barbarians.

Reaction Score
My freshman year I started getting boxes of walnuts whenever the walnut orchards in California started to give up the goodies. Still can't enjoy a walnut to this day...
:( My first love was from Walnut Creek. Heartbreaker.To this day, Walnuts are MY Susquehanna Hat Company.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Ole! brand makes both corn and flour tortillas, and are available (cheap!) at the PriceRite markets, which I believe are throughout the northeast. Each sort of tortilla has its delicious purpose.

Reaction Score
:( My first love was from Walnut Creek. Heartbreaker.To this day, Walnuts are MY Susquehanna Hat Company.
Walnut Creek...I lived in Danville for 10 years or so...still have a lot of family there...

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
The Boneyard: Moving from Courtney to corn at the speed of light....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My son lived in Walnut Creek for a few years. Very nice town.

Was this thread about Courtney?? :)

Reaction Score
Speaking of Courtney, OTP, I lived in Danville for about 10 years too! (1999 to 2009) I took BART from the Walnut Creek station every day for years. These days I take the more sedate Seattle ferry. I'm not sure what Courtney thinks of ferry rides, though...

Reaction Score

Haven't heard the Susquehanna Hat Company mentioned in some time. "Do you know who makes those hats" ?
A & C

Reaction Score
Speaking of Courtney, OTP, I lived in Danville for about 10 years too! (1999 to 2009) I took BART from the Walnut Creek station every day for years. These days I take the more sedate Seattle ferry. I'm not sure what Courtney thinks of ferry rides, though...
I was there from 1969-1980...but I get back on a routine basis...rode BART when it first opened...

Reaction Score
107554d1353838545-creeks-hijack-gif

Reaction Score
Haven't heard the Susquehanna Hat Company mentioned in some time. "Do you know who makes those hats" ?
A & C

Costello was the best. Damned Bagel Street. I buy my pork pies and hamburgs there still :) Nice p/u, rvw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom