Ayanna Patterson's recovery | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ayanna Patterson's recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Personally, I think people are being way too paranoid about our injured players chances of a full recovery. I will concede Caroline as a special case with her head injuries but everyone else, I’m just going to assume will be fine. The success rate of these kinds of surgeries is extremely high these days especially when performed by the caliber of surgeon that would be operating on UConn players. Jana especially is one where I’m constantly reading these comments about her achilles surgery. There are lots of examples of top athletes who have had the same injury as her and who have returned to play at a very high level. Didn’t Stewie just win the MVP after returning from this same injury? Sure, I realize it would be better if the surgery had never happened but the success rate on these surgeries is high enough to make me fairly confident that our players will be fine. I mean, either they will or they won’t and I’ve seen enough successes to warrant being optimistic, which makes for a much better off season as a Husky fan.:)
I agree with your comments regarding individual players, except for I think Ayanna's issues could be potentially more career altering if she has a similar condition to Morgan Ttuck. Having said that, the other reason for injury concerns is timing. Even if you expect full recovery which I agree is pretty likely for most, when will that happen?

Our schedule is very front loaded with tough out of conference games. Aubrey probably misses most, not just some of those, Azzi may or may not be ready for the season start, and even if she is, may not be 100% at the start, and I have no idea what Ayanna's timetable is. Yes I expect Jana to be ready, and suspect that Caroline if she plays at all will probably give it a try to start the season, but we could be in the unusual situation where we are healthier at the end of the season than at the beginning because of Aubrey, Azzi and maybe Ayanna.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Unless and until there is an announcement that a player isn't playing, assume that she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits
Top Bottom