Ayanna Patterson workout b4 returning to Storrs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ayanna Patterson workout b4 returning to Storrs

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Only a few in UCWBB history have been "ready to bring it" on day one. Stewie, brought it, then on the 9th game--realization set it until the NC. Maya, DT, Rene, PAIGE, AZZI, Caroline brought it in their first games.
I hope, almost pray, you are correct. Stewie didn't doubt, for a while, DT didn''t for a while doubt their abilities. It creeps in to the psyche. When you find out all those things you could do easily, aren't so easy any longer. That's life. On the big stage reputations isn't the big factor any more.
For some reason when I read this sentence, it made me recall the last player that I remember who said (as a HS senior) that she was going to dominate WCBB that next year. 6-3 F Rellah Boothe in the class of 2016 - IMG Academy Florida. Went to Texas. Made a lot of talk about what she was going to do. She was a total bust!! She lasted 1 year, then transferred to Middle Tennessee. Charli Collier came in the next year.

She was a bigger bust than the NFL's Oakland Raiders' JaMarcus Russell. Ms. Boothe failed to adequately measure her skills and abilities against those that came before her and had already established themselves in Division 1 WCBB. Toward the end of that season, she rarely got off the bench. Charli Collier had the same problem in Dallas this year for the Wings, in spite of being the first overall selection of the 2021 WNBA draft. I doubt Collier will be with the Wings next year. Collier did not play one minute in the post-season series against the Sun. 3 DNP's - coaches decision.

Reaction Score
Your memory of events and sports figures is amazing. Mine, is mostly UCWBB, A fallible memory, now, doesn't help much. But, the best of the best remain in there.
Referring to TonyC's Title: Basketball is a Team game. Essentially, that is correct. But, it would be a boring game if that were totally true. Uconn's best teams, as well as Stanford, ND, South Carolina, others, have had that ONE STANDOUT player that made the difference. That player around which they built a team and plays. Paige, the latest, had 4 terrific players, at nearly the whole game, every game, helping her. They wouldn't be what they were without her, nor would she be as great as she was, without them.
So, I'm not sure what the exact answer is, but it appears to be best when you have one or 2 "special" players and 4 or 6 super great role players (I hate that phrase, it appears they weren't as great as they were) that made that team what it was.
IMO, Paige, AZZI, Caroline, Edwards, Dorka, Nika in most of the games could have be "the one" with 4 supporters. You put an adjective to that situation, I can't.

Reaction Score
Expect Ayanna to take names and kick a-- from day one. I predict that she will replace Maya!!!!!!
A new Uconn star will be born.... Get ready!

Reaction Score
I said it before, but she is going to be amazing in my opinion. Like WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than people think.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Zero. I don't think Geno favors the dunk.
I remember Geno saying to Stewie that she should make "wow" plays. If Ayanna can dunk at 80%, Geno would be fine with it.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
There was an episode of the Geno Auriemma show where he referenced dunking and Stewie (I think Moriah was part of it too) and he was ok with it as long as she didn't miss. I'm paraphrasing off memory, but I am sure someone on here has the clip or knows the episode. The game they were referencing was an at SMU I believe.

Reaction Score
Well as many layups that have been missed I’m sure he won’t mind her missing a dunk or two! Just kidding but not…

Reaction Score
Players take a pretty big development leap their 1st year of college generally. Most high school kids have never had that level of conditioning or even training table food. She struggles to dunk now but what if she loses 10 lbs and does more strength and jump work in the gym? I just hope she doesn’t worry much about dunking but focuses on rebounding, put backs, defense and a pull up jumper.

Reaction Score
Players take a pretty big development leap their 1st year of college generally. Most high school kids have never had that level of conditioning or even training table food. She struggles to dunk now but what if she loses 10 lbs and does more strength and jump work in the gym? I just hope she doesn’t worry much about dunking but focuses on rebounding, put backs, defense and a pull up jumper.
Who struggles to dunk?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
You know what would blow my socks off (even though I usually don't wear socks)? Seeing Ayanna dunk over a certain player (or 2) from SoCar.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You know what would blow my socks off (even though I usually don't wear socks)? Seeing Ayanna dunk over a certain player (or 2) from SoCar.
You know what would blow my socks off? Ayanna coming down, hitting two straight pull ups over a certain player or 2 from SCar, then pull down a tough rebound and set a high screen for an Azzi 3. You'd hear my screams from NYC.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
You know what would blow my socks off? Ayanna coming down, hitting two straight pull ups over a certain player or 2 from SCar, then pull down a tough rebound and set a high screen for an Azzi 3. You'd hear my screams from NYC.
I only specified a dunk due to the OP's video...
But your idea is certainly a good one.

Reaction Score
Ayanna Patterson is the 3rd or 4th ranked player in America , depending on the rating service. She is the most athletic forward coming out of high school in years, yet some on this forum question her playing time and contribution. It's very simple/ she will be starting from day 1 !

Reaction Score
Ayanna Patterson is the 3rd or 4th ranked player in America , depending on the rating service. She is the most athletic forward coming out of high school in years, yet some on this forum question her playing time and contribution. It's very simple/ she will be starting from day 1 !

I'm all in ! She starts at the wing!

Reaction Score
Welcome to the Boneyard, @GEAinAustin !

Reaction Score
1AF2A7C6-A623-4CA6-9D64-98E323E6A9D7.jpeg

Did a double take: Is that Ayanna?

Reaction Score
Thank you for the welcome. The rotation this season will be game and situation specific. Auriemma has 6 players who are terrific athletes. Fudd, Edwards, Patterson, Griffin, Ducharme and Senechal will present matchup nightmares for most opponents. The only question is the performance of the bigs, Juhasz, Brady, and DeBerry and that answer will be the difference between a good season and a championship.

Reaction Score
Expect Ayanna to take names and kick a-- from day one. I predict that she will replace Maya!!!!!!
A new Uconn star will be born.... Get ready!
When I read of those "preparing" for Uconn, it reminds me of the player from Arizona, going to Uconn, that took a year out of school to prepare. Ekmark. . Geno, is a different leader of a different program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom